Sis-in-Law needs a Prayer filled miracle

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Long story almost made short, my wife's sister is playing on death's doorstep. She is only 49 years old. She noticed a lump in her left breast a year ago and decided not to have it checked out. Her husband, my wife, her mother, myself and other friends told her she needed to get it checked. She was in denial/disbelief and had taken the "my body, my choice" mentality to the point of threatening to leave her husband if mentioned one more time that she needed to go be checked out. She pushed us all aside out of anger and denial/ignorance for caring about her. They have a grandmother who survived breast cancer 50 years ago. She knew that. Her mother ended up just sitting back and agreeing with her, in fear of losing her mother/daughter relationship. (it is no secret that she is the favorite daughter and anything she tells Mom is Gospel)

Fast forward 11 months -
The infectious sack that grew around it burst open (thru the skin) two weeks ago, because it had gotten so huge. She still refused medical treatment. Sunday evening, after collapsing in her living room, she gave her husband permission to call 911. Sadly, it is 11 months too late. Septic Shock set in early Monday morning. after getting about 1000 people onboard with praying for a miracle, Wednesday night, she started showing signs of improvement. The air vent/tube is supposed to be removed later today. Her BP is back to almost normal. Her urine is very frequent and back to light yellow from very dark brown on Tuesday. Miracle number 1 is in progress!!
However, the oncology Doc said in 25 years she has never seen such a large mass consume an entire breast in such a short time. She has spots on her liver and lymph nodes of the left armpit, blood clots in her left thigh and left lung. They are formulating a plan of treatment once the infections clear enough to allow such a move. In a nutshell, unless a major miracle takes place in her body and mind after the infections are under control, she "might" make it to the end of the year before the cancer kills her.
Once she starts talking after the vent tube comes out, it is ultimately up to her to decide if she wants to pursue any treatment for the cancer to extend her end time. She has written on paper this week what she wants for dinner (not that she can eat anything at this time) and that she understands what needed to be done. Lucky us, after the infections clear, we'll get to watch her go thru hell again when the cancer takes her.............

Pray for my wife as well. She is beside herself. Their father died at 49, too (massive heart attack). My wife wanted to stop celebrating her own birthdays at 48 and is now 54. The kids and I won't let her stop celebrating them.

Thanks in advance FABO - you guys and gals are awesome!

genuflectII.jpg Healing and strength for all

Prayers sent for this lady to again find good health and peace.
She gave up her fight for life at a much too young. Hopefully it is not too late now to fight if she wishes.

Wow! Brother I’m sending out best wishes and prayers for your SIL. It seems like you have a wonderful family and she has lots of support!!
God bless your family in this time!

I will pray for Her to recover & heal, & to accept the love & concern of those around Her who care.

That mirrors my Aunt Connie's story almost exactly, but without any chance of recovery.
Prayers sent.

Prayers and positive thoughts for your sil, and your wife and family.
Much too young to be at the point that she is. Stubborn is not the word for it, but selfish is closer.

Remember the story of Sodom?
God was willing to spare those 5 cities for the sake of 10 righteous people in it

Of course we know those 10 couldn't be found, but there is a lesson to be drawn here...God is willing to withhold punishment from the unrighteousness in order not to inflict hurt on the righteous

Which is my crude way of saying, even though your sister in law brought this on her by not seeking help sooner, I pray God may, for the sake of her loved ones, work the miracles you petitioned of Him

As for your your wife's birthday...I had an interesting conversation with my dad the other day
He turned 70 last year and I was joking that he was way to old to have such a young son
To which he replied how strange it is foe him to think he already is 8 years older then his dad ever got to be

That was a bery sobering thought, but I chose to look on the bright side of it

Sad when people who live in first world countries that have outstanding medical care....refuse to take that care. Hope she recovers.

Selfish? Maybe. I've been through this with members of my family. Some rather quickly, some not so quickly. For each of them it was FEAR: fear of what tests would reveal, fear of what a Dr. would say, fear of losing a breast (or maybe both) to a mastectomy, fear of how their husband would look at them, fear there would not still be a woman with only one or no breasts. Fear of death was further down the road. I cannot comment on OP's sister-in-law's thought process, but from my experience fear was a factor. I' ll pray.

Selfish? Maybe. I've been through this with members of my family. Some rather quickly, some not so quickly. For each of them it was FEAR: fear of what tests would reveal, fear of what a Dr. would say, fear of losing a breast (or maybe both) to a mastectomy, fear of how their husband would look at them, fear there would not still be a woman with only one or no breasts. Fear of death was further down the road. I cannot comment on OP's sister-in-law's thought process, but from my experience fear was a factor. I' ll pray.
I understand what you're saying, but if the husband truly loves his wife, what surgery she may have to have should have no bearing on his love and affection for her. Same thing if the if the husband falls ill. My wife came down with crohn's almost 15 years ago, at first the doctor's didn't think that she would make it. She was in the hospital for 7 weeks and I visited her every day we had our 22nd wedding anniversary at the hospital. I'm very grateful for all of the people who prayed for her. I'm a firm believer in prayer and the power of prayer.

-
Back