Six pack too freaking rich..

-

MAPS

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what to do to get the six pack not to run so rich?
Thanks.
MAPS

No had it rebuilt, Connolly six pack is fine thought that may be theproblen as it was running better after the rebuilt but are a while it started running rich again. I smell has in the oil dipstick as well.

Where'd that link go for tuning six packs?? Someone posted on another of your threads. Change oil before you drive it.

Check basics such as float levels and no vacuum leaks. Do you see dribbling down the throat of any carb when running? Also, make sure your ignition system is perfect. Many times carb problems are really an ignition problem.

Check basics such as float levels and no vacuum leaks. Do you see dribbling down the throat of any carb when running? Also, make sure your ignition system is perfect. Many times carb problems are really an ignition problem.
Yes and in addition,
Do a fuel pressure test. 5-6# is all you need. 8-10# is too much.

or wrong power valve or faulty needle valve or to much fuel pressure or . . . .

or wrong power valve or faulty needle valve or to much fuel pressure or . . . .
Basically, phukk it.
I've done everything, wasn't charging properly, fixed that, only thing I don't know is of there is a thermostat in there and was told that can cause a issue also.
MAPS

I'm so tempted to swap the six pack but I just love the way the sukker looks lol

Lol, If the guy behind you eyes aren't tearing from the fumes out the tailpipes you might be OK!
An extra strong throttle return spring?
Make sure key remains in "OFF" position.:D

Anyway ……...
I smell has in the oil dipstick as well.
Is you oil level rising? Need to watch that!
See post 5, take a look down each carb while running and see if you are dribbling any fuel. After you turn it off, maybe un-hook the outboard rods, open the outboard plates and look down the bores to the manifold for evidence of puddling fuel.
How are the plugs looking?

I read somewhere that some carbs have the wrong float bowls on them, the difference being the float level sight plug locations. So make sure you have the correct float bowls, before setting float level.

Is it possible changing gas would do this, I.E. 91, octane then 89 ball to 91? Having no thermostat ?
MAPS

I don't know, I know ogres around 36 degrees can this be right. Because I don't tune the car, some mechanic that I have does....

This is a great photo. Yes it's mine.. :)

IMG_25071.jpg

Start with fuel pressure and float level.
Then proceed to tune the distributor/ timing.

I don't know, I know ogres around 36 degrees can this be right. Because I don't tune the car, some mechanic that I have does....
36 would most likely be the total timing number. Not a big fan of setting a street car with total timing only. There are way too many variables. Ask your Mechanic where the initial timing is set. In short, today's fuel likes timing! Remember optimize Ignition first, then fuel.

Are we supposed to know what this six pack is on and what the combo is?

Are we supposed to know what this six pack is on and what the combo is?

It’s a MoPar set up and the carbs are almost all identical except the jetting and the 340’s rear carb with the passengerside barrel having a fuel distribution tab.

Re jetting the carb equalizes everything. No matter than list number.

It’s a MoPar set up and the carbs are almost all identical except the jetting and the 340’s rear carb with the passengerside barrel having a fuel distribution tab.

Re jetting the carb equalizes everything. No matter than list number.

Yeah I get that, but what's the combo on the motor? Without knowing that, all this info here is useless as tits on a boar hog.

From the factory...the out board carbs do not have replaceable jets....they have metering plates which is fixed.

From the factory...the out board carbs do not have replaceable jets....they have metering plates which is fixed.
I did a pair of quick fuel replacement plates that use jets.
Yeah I get that, but what's the combo on the motor? Without knowing that, all this info here is useless as tits on a boar hog.

Yup! Bang on. Engine size and build stats will help a lot.

I’m getting there. Making the air filter base fit right.
image.jpg

I did a pair of quick fuel replacement plates that use jets.

Yup! Bang on. Engine size and build stats will help a lot.

Basically a little modified can with headers typical 500 lift ie old purple shaft 509 style . MSD distributor, MSD DIGITAL BOX ,THAT'S ABOUT IT 4 SPEED CAR WITH 4.10 REAR

-
Back