skips 69 swinger resto

-
Skip: Who did your grill ,it looks better then new. I also have a 69 340 Swinger that I bought from a broker last July, it is numbers matching preformance red with a black vinyl top from Calf. and was painted 25 years ago.
Tomorrow it goes out for new paint and it is going tobe painted black like yours, I have been watching your thread and have picked up a lot of great information ans Ideas.

Thanks for shairing your great work on both of your cars with us.

I am dioing the Mopar Sunday at T.M.P. on Sept. 12th. There is a car show and would like for you to bring both of your cars if you can, I am going to post a thread later on to invite our F.A.B.O members.

Thank
Kenny

Hey Kenny,I just take the lacquer thinners to the grill and strip it of all paint and grime,
the original bright anodizing is quite durable and comes up nice bright and clean and is not effected by solvents, just dont use any abrasives that would remove this anodizing as it would actually make the underlying aluminum go dull after a while.Then grab a beer sit down and start to detail the original black out areas with flat black enamel and an artists brush.
Original from the factory they sprayed the center and lower surface dull silver but I choose to leave it bright alumn as I feel it looks better and I am not worried about the purist thing , you can decide after you strip it of paint.Sounds like you have a nice 340 swinger to work with,i will be looking for some pics.
That get together at Motorsports would be cool ,keep me posted.
Thanks
Gary

Hi out there, haven't posted for a while so I thought I would add this about my little Green A body.
Entered it into the Performance World Show at the International Center in Toronto ON on the weekend and it won its class as "Best Mopar Street Machine".--So that was kind of cool.
For winning its class it now gets entered into Meguiars - Canada,s Best Car Crazy Competition at www.canadasbest.ca
There is some heavy hitters in this competition but its cool just to make the cut. The cars are selected from 3 Canadian Car Shows. I will be posting on the site as soon as I get some flicks together, maybe check it out and give me a thumbs up.Tried to post pic from show but I think the file size was to big.

Cheers

I saw it at performance world, looked at it for a good 5 mins or so...looked reaaaaaaaaal good man! congrats!

Love the color green is my fav,this time Cindy got choose the color of our Dart,blue is her fav.She sits up nice what leaf springs did you go with.

Hey Skip looks great will it make it to moparfest this year. I have doubts on my demon but should have the little dog and the aspen there.

Great job on both cars, WOW!! You have some serious talent. And good tastes in cars too. I know those cars are turning heads everywhere they go. Yeah and 3.91s with a small block stroker it will be a handful at low speeds so watch out, things happen very quickly.

Congrats to you Gary! Very nice work. see y'a at Moparfest?

This is where this dart is headed-the # correct 340 motor is being put away for a rainy day so it does't get a window in the block and is being replaced by a 340 R block stroked to 410 -six pack induction -forged internals approx 450 HP assembled by Stanton in the USA.The 727 will be built to accept the abuse.Keeping it mostly stock appearing otherwise with a black swinger stripe.Still undecided about a black six pack hood or not? and shelving the bulge hood for that rainy day should I ever decide to put it back to stock.(not much of a purist)Hope to have it complete for Late spring 2010.Did some wheel swapping off the black Dart just to see how it looks.I LIKE IT should be a fun ride.

My original hood is in my shed. I was going to paint the hood on my car black but my buddy that did the paint painted it yellow it grew on me. I like the fiberglass hood but mine is a lift off design. You might want to get a repo chrome strip for the front of the hood as it finishes it off.

Attachments

• IMG_0492 LR.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 392
Thanks snake, the green got me from the first time I saw it, couldn't walk away from it had to take it home.Had a b5 blue for a short period of time back in the day and I loved the colour.I put mopar xhd springs in the green car with stock shackles and hangers, gave it a nice raked stance.I put super stock springs in my black dart but it sat to high in the back imo so I flippped the front spring hangers to drop it down.Keep in mind that if you do that you will most likely have to shim the pinion angle.

thanks for the kind words 340s, love that 69 s you have there they are hard to come by and yours is especially nice.
and yeah its fun to jump on at low speeds if the time and place are are all good, I hear ya.

Hey 2darts, thanks for the compliment, nice talking to ya at the show---- maybe you could PM me on that yellow dart you talked to me about ,I didn,t even ask you what kind of $ you were asking for it?

supercharged, man you got a clean great looking dart there---and with that inventory of parts you've listed it must perform very strong.I am currently workin on a different hood for my green car with custom induction and either a sixpac scoop or hemi scoop,
it will be matt black--if I don,t like the end result I can always change it back .I will post it when it all complete. Cheers

supercharged, man you got a clean great looking dart there---and with that inventory of parts you've listed it must perform very strong.I am currently workin on a different hood for my green car with custom induction and either a sixpac scoop or hemi scoop,
it will be matt black--if I don,t like the end result I can always change it back .I will post it when it all complete. Cheers

Thanks Skip,

My Dart has run a best of 11.57 but not with the BFGs. The engine still runs strong but it's due for a rebuild. I think the hood will look great in matt black! Like I said I was going to paint mine that color. I was torn like you are as to which hood I wanted to run (stock or six pack) but I figured that I could always put it back to stock. Both of your Darts look incredable, keep up the good work. I'll be watching.

Thanks snake, the green got me from the first time I saw it, couldn't walk away from it had to take it home.Had a b5 blue for a short period of time back in the day and I loved the colour.I put mopar xhd springs in the green car with stock shackles and hangers, gave it a nice raked stance.I put super stock springs in my black dart but it sat to high in the back imo so I flippped the front spring hangers to drop it down.Keep in mind that if you do that you will most likely have to shim the pinion angle.

Thanks skip for the tip on the springs,I gather the SS springs is were pinion angle needs the shim right?,but not the xhd springs,got a part # on the xhd springs love your stance Thanks Don .

Skip... I have no idea how I missed this thread, but man am I glad I found it. I just got done reading the whole thing and drooling over the car ****.. You have mad skills my friend, and have in my opinion two very sexy Darts.. They both turned out truly awesome. Excellent job. I have one request.. in the event I missed it somewhere in the thread, can you snap a shot of both of those beauties outside together in the sun? lol.. I mean, you can never truly have enough A-body Mopar car **** ya know... LOL .. again, great job sir..

Just spent the last hour reading this thread...my bad for takin soooo long to check out. Im speechless with the work.....perfect examples of Ma Mopar for sure Gary...that black is beautiful, but that green is just something else!!

Wow. Such beautiful cars. I have a 69 GTS 4 speed and I am pulling the numbers matching motor and putting a stroker 402 in its place.

Congratulations Skip!! That is one beautiful Dart.
As some may remember I was planing on taking my Dart to the show also but the painter
took two months longer then planed, but it was worth the wait and you would have still won which is a bad thing because I am a very sore loser. LOL (next year)
It will be ready for Spring Fling and some serious cursing.
We are around the corner from each other will have to meet up some were.

Kenny

Congratulations Skip!! That is one beautiful Dart.
As some may remember I was planing on taking my Dart to the show also but the painter
took two months longer then planed, but it was worth the wait and you would have still won which is a bad think because I am a very sore loser. LOL (next year)
It will be ready for Spring Fling and some serious cursing.
We are around the corner from each other will have to meet up some were.

Kenny

Lets see this beast.

-
Back