-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_o

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for an affordable set of used headers for my '66 Valiant with 225/904. There aren't many new options in general and anything of quality seems to be at least $600 US. As much as I'd love a set of Dutras, I paid $500 for the car and I just can't justify paying nearly $700 with shipping from Down Under. I've already installed a Super Six intake, Holley 2bbl and electronic ignition in the car, so now it's exhaust time. Thanks in advance!

Bob

Isn’t there an Aussie company making both shortie and long tube extractors. Got to be cheaper than importing anything from the US

AussieSpeed makes a good variety of Slant 6 exhaust, but they're really pricey. Are there other shops in Australia making Slanty exhaust stuff?

My google-fu is pretty strong, but I can't come up with much in the way of 170/225 headers.

Maybe it was Aussie Speed - maybe some other company - bought Dutra out and IIRC, are making them in Australia. Good luck on your search!

I have a set of decent ones.Hardly used .I bought them with a 65 Valiant project car way back when .PM me for details if interested

DSC04034.JPG

DSC04035.JPG

Looking for an affordable set of used headers for my '66 Valiant with 225/904. There aren't many new options in general and anything of quality seems to be at least $600 US. As much as I'd love a set of Dutras, I paid $500 for the car and I just can't justify paying nearly $700 with shipping from Down Under. I've already installed a Super Six intake, Holley 2bbl and electronic ignition in the car, so now it's exhaust time. Thanks in advance!

Bob

Clifford has new for 400.

AussieSpeed makes a good variety of Slant 6 exhaust, but they're really pricey. Are there other shops in Australia making Slanty exhaust stuff?

My google-fu is pretty strong, but I can't come up with much in the way of 170/225 headers.

You can stop if you're lookin for 170 headers. Forget it. Nobody makes anything. 225 is a different story.

Isn’t there an Aussie company making both shortie and long tube extractors. Got to be cheaper than importing anything from the US

They make them, but getting someone in that company to guarantee they fit LHD American vehicles is like gettin a nun to.....well you know.

Bob
What I would suggest is to leave the stock exhaust manifold, and upgrade the exhaust system to 2 1/4 pipe, and low restriction muffler.

I agree with RustyRatRod going with Clifford "Shorty Headers". They have two versions high and or low, depends on where your starter is. 439.00. I have them on my car and super easy to install.

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

My dad was all about Clifford for Chevy 6 stuff in the 90s but I've heard nothing good about them or their products for a looooong time, which is why I didn't mention them. Are their Slanty headers decent quality?

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

My dad was all about Clifford for Chevy 6 stuff in the 90s but I've heard nothing good about them or their products for a looooong time, which is why I didn't mention them. Are their Slanty headers decent quality?

The quality is fine. However, their customer service is somewhat lacking from what pops up on here and other sites such as slant6.org. As long as you know that goin in and know what you want, you're ok.

The quality is fine. However, their customer service is somewhat lacking from what pops up on here and other sites such as slant6.org. As long as you know that goin in and know what you want, you're ok.

Fair enough, thanks for the heads up.

You guys have me sold on the Cliffords. Thanks for all the input, it's appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back