Slant 6 intake/exhaust manifold bolts

-

khaley71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy the 3 bolts that bolt the exhaust and intake manifolds together on a 71 slant six?

ace hardware, home depot & similar places.

did you get the old ones out without breaking them? Lawrence

No they broke off due to age/corrosion. I have an exhaust manifold that was sold new by Dorman, it came with a bunch parts I bought a few years ago. I'm going to use it and not bother trying to get the broken bolts out of the old one. The 3 that hold the exhaust/intake manifold together along with both bolts that hold the pipe flange to the exhaust manifold are broke too.

My local True Value hardware store carries grade 8 bolts,also the studs for the head. I find more there than the auto part stores have.

I think the two small ones are 5/16, I got those at Ace, but had to cut the threads longer. The 3/8 one is a stud with a washer nut on top. I think I cut the head off a bolt and threaded it to make that one. Your manifold probably came with 3/8 for the exhaust flange. I drilled and tapped those to 7/16 as my originals were. Got studs on eBay for those. All grade 8 , figured if they are a little harder I have half a chance of removing without breaking if they get seized in.

-
Back