Slant 6 Race fuels

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
Anyone running racing fuel in their /6's ?? Need to find something to keep my motor HAPPY !! I believe my local Sunoco has 100 octane,just not sure what I'm going to need with the 11:1 comp I have !!

Anyone running racing fuel in their /6's ?? Need to find something to keep my motor HAPPY !! I believe my local Sunoco has 100 octane,just not sure what I'm going to need with the 11:1 comp I have !!

Dennis, we run av gas (it's called "low-lead 100",) which is totally misleading because it's LOADED with lead (poisoned our O-2 meter to the extent that we had to replace the oxygen sensor,) and is about 110 octane, not 100.

It's about $5.00 a gallon at the airport, if you have a friend with a plane.

It works well with our turbocharger.... should burn okay in your 11:1 engine.

I like the idea of using 100 low lead.. A lot cheaper then 110 leaded from the track, (More then 8 bucks a gallon here.)

I like the idea of using 100 low lead.. A lot cheaper then 110 leaded from the track, (More then 8 bucks a gallon here.)

Our local Sunoco has 100 leaded, but it's like $9.00 a gal !!! I guess I'll keep checking !! Thanks for the responses !!

I thought about posting this yesterday 6pakattack, do you have any dirt tracks around your area ? Every dirt track here sell's what they call blue racing fuel, not sure what the blue means, but if I am remembering right it is 110 octane in a barrel, they also sell an avgas ........ You could stop by a dirt track or ask a friend that runs in circles on the dirt.

Every dirt track here sell's what they call blue racing fuel, not sure what the blue means, but if I am remembering right it is 110 octane in a barrel. ........

Thanks for that info, Memike; I will definitely check it out!:glasses7:

Thanks Memike, I'll have to check that out !!As much as I go in circles I should be all set !!:headbang:

whats your dynamic? our 12.5:1 hemi's run straight 110 and in my dart with 10:1 i run 100 (110L/91 pump (50/50 mix))

i would go for the mix. also ive been chewing on the av gas and have you guys looked into the de-icing agents and the other stuff in it? i know it works but im not sold on running it, its not as efficent as equal octane race gas as it has akly in it... that said so does pump junk lol

-
Back