Slant 6 Racer's Reunion 2018

-
I really hope I can go. My slant is being built for daily driving not for race and I'd be driving it there so I wouldn't want to break down a few states from home lol

I dare say, there will be other cars there, that will arrive under there own power. I have been to slant six races, where the tow vehicle was raced, also.
Hope to see you there.

Hey Charlie ! Might just have to convince Mark (who bought my /6 ) that he really needs to do this !!

Hey Charlie ! Might just have to convince Mark (who bought my /6 ) that he really needs to do this !!
Please try and do so. Have him get in touch with me. I have contacted several slanters from Florida, and so far we have six cars planning on being there. We are still many months away, and life things happen, but there are a total of 50 cars signed up as of now.

Race date is: TNT Fri Sep 7th. Big Slant six Race Sat Sep 8th. Regular Slant Six race Sun Sep 9th.
No requirement to attend the Fri TNT and/or Sunday race.

Not official rules, but basically this. Run what you brung, and have fun.

Engine must be a Chrysler slant six. Can be any vehicle (Mopar not required), open wheel, body car, or truck. Any mods to engine, trans, rear, body, etc. are ok. Any fuel, pump gas, race gas, methenol, ethenol, nitrous, (nitro methane is OK, as long as the track gives written permission. This is by our rules, I don't think Clay City will allow it, but competitor will need to check). Super Chargers, turbos, FI, are OK. Pretty near anything is OK.
Vehicle/Driver must meet NHRA/IHRA safety requirements, for ET/MPH
Racing is bracket style.

The official rules are here: SSRN POINTS RACING RULES

Last edited:
Rob, this is going to be a BIG DEAL. Can you check with the "powers that be", and see if we can have a reserved pit area, for a fairly large number of cars? Would be nice if we had enough room for the newbees to pit with the old timers.

Rob, this is going to be a BIG DEAL. Can you check with the "powers that be", and see if we can have a reserved pit area, for a fairly large number of cars? Would be nice if we had enough room for the newbees to pit with the old timers.
Will do Charlie. I’ll give Scott a call.

Might bring my little brother in his 64 dart and my 74 duster, the duster Isn't a slant though.

Event T-shirts have been designed. Rob should post images soon.

Thanks Charlie.

We have several color options available. Check out this link: Clay City Racer's Reunion T-shirts!! - Slant Six Forum

Here is the design of the shirt front and back.

Back Sapphire.JPG

Front Sapphire.JPG

Putting this back up to the top. This event is still happening! Apparently there was a change with Monster Mopar, but Mountain Park Dragway is still putting on the Mopar event and our Racer's Reunion race is not effected. We are expecting over 30 cars for this race! The flyer needs to be updated with the $2,000 to win purse information. It looks like Slant 6 will pay the biggest purse of the weekend! :)

To the top. 2-1/2 weeks away.
Room is booked, T shirts ordered, car runs fine but need to fix a trans leak. Doubtful I'll have the BBD conversion done by then unless I get really inspired.

I have to come now.
I was informed today that I need to have a minor surgery. They wanted to do it on the the 6th.
I blew it off until the 27th just so I can make it!
I'll be there for sure on Saturday the 8th!

I have had my reservations, for about 4 months. Plan on leaving home on Thur, and arrive Fri mid day. Still having some issues with the car. It may not run fast, but will be there.

Thanks Charlie.

We have several color options available. Check out this link: Clay City Racer's Reunion T-shirts!! - Slant Six Forum

Here is the design of the shirt front and back.

View attachment 1715193749

View attachment 1715193750
Do you all have size 1x, and I can order one from here Clay City Racer's Reunion T-shirts!! FINAL LIST - Slant Six Forum
I would love to make the drive and see all you great slant 6 racers , but just incase I don't I would love to have a couple extra large that I did not see in the list Rob

This is me, love this color, I wounder if I could get some of you guys to sign it, @Charrlie_S would be a must :D

000001.JPG

-
Back