Slant 6

-

1969cuda340

Reaction score
i have a slant 6 out of my 60 savoy and Manuel trans I'd sell for $100 ran great when pulled

Heck I'll give it to someone if they need it
I'm in Indy

Make sure that bad boy aint aluminum before you give it away.....

Is it the 170? If it is I could definately use it, and I am in Spencer, just down the road.
I could be wrong, but I'm guessing not, as I believe the 170 only went into A bodies (Valiant/Lancer). But one never knows, there's a 1st for everything!!
Can't rule out some transplant of one either,.......................

I am in dire need for a new 225 in my 1972 valiant but I am located in Southern California
Pre-'67 Slants won't work with a 67 up auto tranny as far as I know (unless you change the crankshaft to a 67 up crank). You will want to get a 67 up Slant to work in your 72. There is one in So Cal from a 72 Dart in Craigslist right now for $300 (Slant 6 for sale). Maybe get it for much less if no one else is interested.

The cutoff year is not '67, it's '68. '68-up automatic transmissions cannot be used behind '67-down Slant-6 crankshafts unless you have a special torque converter custom-made.

19plymouth72,
If you can wait, you can get a slant six w/ tranny even for free since so many change to a V-8 and can't sell them. If in a rush, the $300 craigslist can likely be talked way down. I recall ~10 rebuilt slant engines in wooden boxes sold on ebay a few years ago for ~$500 ea. They were military surplus. If you have storage room, grab such deals when you see them, though few in SoCal have such space.

-
Back