Slant fuel line.

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Im going to order a roll of tubeing and bend up the fuel lines for the 72. Do you think that 1/2" will be overkill for a stock cammed 225 with a holley 390 and a set of headers or should I just go with 3/8"? It's going to be a daily driver and will never see the track.

A 1/2" line would carry 4 times the volume of a 1/4" line. Way overkill and you'd loose that volume at reducing connection fittings anyway.

Thats what I figured, I got 2 rolls of 3/8" on the way. One roll for the 72 and one for my 53 merc. Thanks guys.

Thats what I figured, I got 2 rolls of 3/8" on the way. One roll for the 72 and one for my 53 merc. Thanks guys.

Hey scamp, sorry to hear about your girl (dart) being hit by that teen chick, you sure she wasn't half Asian? (oops that was racist wasn't it?) I'm Kidding though.

To not create a new thread, I'll bring this old one up, is it a good idea to replace my bad 5/16th fuel sender to a 3/8th one, saying I will at some point int he future swap the 225 for a V8? 360 or 440? Will my slant be okay with 3/8? Will I get 10 mpg? XD Let me know, I need a more accurate fuel reading and mine is 1/4 off, time to buy a new one.

3/8" fuel line is enough for up to around 500 hp. A daily driven slant six that actually needs 1/2" fuel line would be quite ambitious. :)

i went 11.80 in my big block dart with stock replacement pump and factory 5/16 line and pickup. big fuel lines are over rated until you are laying down some killer 60' times.

i went 11.80 in my big block dart with stock replacement pump and factory 5/16 line and pickup. big fuel lines are over rated until you are laying down some killer 60' times.

So a BB will run smooth having a 5/16 line or only a stock BB would?

it ran fine, and no its not a stock bb. i went to a 3/8 line and holley blue pump and gained nothing but an anoying whine. the pump took a crap and i went to a carter hiogh volume mechanical. i was very surprised the stock pump supplied enough fuel. if yoju need a new line i guess you cant go wrong with 3/8. forget 1/2".

-
Back