Slant Six 2bbls - Which one?

-

John Martin

Reaction score
I am working on my 1972 Valiant sedan. It has a 225 and a 904.

The 225 is a 1987 block bored over .40”, with a 1972 head that has hardened seats redone and shaved .30”.

It currently has a Comp Cams 224/224 flat tapper camshaft. I am thinking of putting an Aussie Speed Evil Stick in it instead.

I want a 2bbl Aussie Speed intake to go with the TTi exhaust I just ordered. I was thinking of using a Holley 2300 R4604A if possible. What has been used? Pictures of other setups would help. Thank you.

I am working on my 1972 Valiant sedan. It has a 225 and a 904.

The 225 is a 1987 block bored over .40”, with a 1972 head that has hardened seats redone and shaved .30”.

It currently has a Comp Cams 224/224 flat tapper camshaft. I am thinking of putting an Aussie Speed Evil Stick in it instead.

I want a 2bbl Aussie Speed intake to go with the TTi exhaust I just ordered. I was thinking of using a Holley 2300 R4604A if possible. What has been used? Pictures of other setups would help. Thank you.
The 350 cfm holley is a nice carburetor well suited for the 225.

My dilemma is to keep the ECS functioning. It is not the style that flows whenever the engine is running. It is only purging when the car is cruising.

Try this.
BIG BO.jpg

I’m in the process of a similar upgrade, but with the aluminum Super Six intake. I’m going with Carter BBD. Mostly because that’s what I’ve seen most prominently used and the 318 BBD’s are super common.

If you are willing to go thru the expense and headaches fuel injection is great.
FI tech and Holley have a set up used for straight sixes like Jeeps and Ford’s I’ve been told work great. Adjustable at the tap of a screen.

If you are willing to go thru the expense and headaches fuel injection is great.
FI tech and Holley have a set up used for straight sixes like Jeeps and Ford’s I’ve been told work great. Adjustable at the tap of a screen.

I didn’t ask about fuel injection.

-
Back