Slant six VS. 318 converters?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Never really had them sitting next to each other but would a 318/904 converter be the same as a 225/904 converter or are the totally different and I should punch myself in the face for even thinking about it?

Note.....wasn't my idea but a buddy said that they may be the same, I kinda doubted it but it got me thinking, what if?

do you know what year the trans they came from...

they would be the same except for some early 904s...like in mid 60s..
or late 70s

late 70s brought lock up with different splines...
mid 60s...might have different pilot sizes....where it fits into back of crank...

I never really looked,but I,ve had a 66 Dart 6 cyl/904 sitting beside a 318/904 (t.converters)for the last 9 months.I just moved them and had to I.D them with yellow marker as to not mix them up.They sure look the same,I,m also interested if they are?

The converter I have was a stock replacement for a 318/904 in a 73 scamp and the slant/904 would be roughly the same year give or take a few.

i am running the stock 273 converter out of hkellers 65 barracuda. i wasnt sure if mine was good, and he said his was good and he didnt need it anymore. it seems to be working fine with my slant 6. his was out of a 65 904 and i put it in my 63 push button 904.

-
Back