slant to v8 transmission adapter plate

-

raulperezr

Reaction score
Hello everyone ,does anybody have a slantsix to v8 transmission adapter plate for sale? I want to put a 500 transmission to my 87 dodge d100. Thanks

Hello everyone ,does anybody have a slantsix to v8 transmission adapter plate for sale? I want to put a 500 transmission to my 87 dodge d100. Thanks

I have one but am going to use it in my 87 D100. If I am not mistaken the adapter plates were used to bolt up a 727 or later 518s. I don't think the 500 will work with the plate. If it will, someone is sure to jump in.

Attachments

• adapter 012.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,403
The A500 is the same bolt pattern but if your going to do a swap use the A518 its a 727 based transmission with overdrive, the A500 is just a 904 based and not suited for a truck

I have one but am going to use it in my 87 D100. If I am not mistaken the adapter plates were used to bolt up a 727 or later 518s. I don't think the 500 will work with the plate. If it will, someone is sure to jump in.

Hi please let me know if you change your mind and dicide to sell the adapter thank you.

just out of curiosity - what did these come in? I've never heard of such a thing...

just out of curiosity - what did these come in? I've never heard of such a thing...

the A-100 vans and some early 60/mid 60s trucks with 727 transmission and /6 engine, they didn't have a slant 727 at that point so they used a small block one adapted with this adapter

there extremely rare and I've yet to see one in person

Pics are all I've ever seen too, but they surely exist, cause there one is.

the A-100 vans and some early 60/mid 60s trucks with 727 transmission and /6 engine, they didn't have a slant 727 at that point so they used a small block one adapted with this adapter

there extremely rare and I've yet to see one in person

bringing up an old thread as I've found a bit more information on the slant to 727 adapters. Per the moderator over at the A100 forum, these adapters were used from 64 through 67 when they were used to mate the slant to a modified (for the van) LA 727. Trucks used a regular long tailshaft 727 with the adapter. In 68 Mopar started making slant-specific 727s for the vans with the modified tailshafts and trucks got the slant-specific 727. Guess that's why not many people have ever seen or heard of these adapters.

I think it would be less expensive to drop in a v/8 at this time. Same fuel mileage and a bolt in.

I think it would be less expensive to drop in a v/8 at this time. Same fuel mileage and a bolt in.

Possibly. The OP was working on an 87 truck. Some of the same upgrades as needed on an A Body might still apply to the truck as well plus obtaining the truck-specific V8 parts as well (if a truck V8 couldn't be found) - oil pan & motor mounts come to mind. Possibly he might rather keep the slant and just upgrade the transmission :dontknow:

Sure would be nice if somone who owned one of these would come back and pull measurements off these.

3 years ago when I was in HS I could have totall drawn one of these in AutoCad so that they could have been machined from billets. But alas, I've slept since then.

Sure would be nice if somone who owned one of these would come back and pull measurements off these.

Somebody at .org has a cad drawing of it and as I understand it there was little or no demand for one. I sent someone here on FABO a tracing of the plates showing hole locations. Don't know if anything will come from it or not.

bringing up an old thread as I've found a bit more information on the slant to 727 adapters. Per the moderator over at the A100 forum, these adapters were used from 64 through 67 when they were used to mate the slant to a modified (for the van) LA 727. Trucks used a regular long tailshaft 727 with the adapter. In 68 Mopar started making slant-specific 727s for the vans with the modified tailshafts and trucks got the slant-specific 727. Guess that's why not many people have ever seen or heard of these adapters.

I had a 66 a108 long wheel base work van /6 auto in 74 or 75 and loved it. but hauling a lot of stuff was a pain so I yanked the /6 and stuffed a 70 340 in it D#$M it ran good! Straight up bolt in after the adapter and crank adapter was removed. I tossed the adapter plate in the weeds at my moms house thinking I'd never want to see that heavy thing again. fast forward to 2003 and now I want one for my dart.(yeah I know about the tunnel work) I went to my moms old house when I was up in Michigan and discovered it had been scrapped just a month earlier $%#$# I just can't win.

Somebody at .org has a cad drawing of it and as I understand it there was little or no demand for one. I sent someone here on FABO a tracing of the plates showing hole locations. Don't know if anything will come from it or not.

I think I was the one the tracing was sent to. THANKS. I'm working on a cad setup but the center lines of the crank are just a bit off. I think that was the problem with the first guys cad setup. when I do it in machinable wax it looks good but as soon as I try to mate the 3 (engine to adapter to trans) I get a couple of thou differences in alignment. I don't know if it's enough to cause problems but I'm not willing to take that chance with it due to the super high cost of thick billet aluminum. I shelved the project for now but will get back to it after I get the vacuform and cnc setups finished for making parts that I NEED now to get my dart up and running..

I think I was the one the tracing was sent to. THANKS.

I went back into one of my old threads and you were the one.

I'm working on a cad setup but the center lines of the crank are just a bit off. I think that was the problem with the first guys cad setup. when I do it in machinable wax it looks good but as soon as I try to mate the 3 (engine to adapter to trans) I get a couple of thou differences in alignment. I don't know if it's enough to cause problems but I'm not willing to take that chance with it due to the super high cost of thick billet aluminum. I shelved the project for now but will get back to it after I get the vacuform and cnc setups finished for making parts that I NEED now to get my dart up and running..

Hope you're able to do something with it. My eventual plan is to use mine in my 87 D100 to mate an 518 to the slant.

Yes I have one of those plates I just took the slant six out of my 1965 A100 pickup on Saturday and I had never seen one of these before.Yes it will be for sale as soon as I figure out what it is worth.

If not mistaken, the desired adapter plate is shown in this craigslist ad:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/4374437822.html
Strange that the cars being parted are a 65 440 and 70 Challenger.
If valuable enough, I might drive up the hill if he would sell cheap, otherwise any SF guy who needs it and is driving to Lake Tahoe anyway could grab it.

-
Back