slant6 to v8

-

dart6

Reaction score
if i use the schumacher 360 engine swap mounts can i use the slant6 auto crossmember to install the 727 if so is it a straight forward bolt up

You might look into the transdapt conversion mounts, I used those on my 72 because they were half the price of the shumachers.

You might want to discuss this in the small block section. We tend to USE our slants in this forum.

Keep the slant, 6 cylinders is more than enough. Also depending on year you may need to add clearance to the trans tunnel to clear a 727.

if you are successful with the swap from a /6 to a 360 engine, please let us know how it went and what problems you had....? thanks.

:banghead:
:burnout:

if you are successful with the swap from a /6 to a 360 engine, please let us know how it went and what problems you had....?

i just did this swap. 360/727 into a 73 slant car. /6 out , V8 in and running in 6 hours by myself. V8 conversion mounts , if you use a 904, the driveshaft is the same. with a 727 you will have to shorten the drive shaft 4 inches if you dont have one. i used a new set of headers, a radiator and shroud out of a 88 lebaron, and a charger console shifter. runs like a champ.

i just did this swap. 360/727 into a 73 slant car. /6 out , V8 in and running in 6 hours by myself. V8 conversion mounts , if you use a 904, the driveshaft is the same. with a 727 you will have to shorten the drive shaft 4 inches if you dont have one. i used a new set of headers, a radiator and shroud out of a 88 lebaron, and a charger console shifter. runs like a champ.

what mounts did you use and did you use the slant6 trans crossmember

what mounts did you use and did you use the slant6 trans crossmember
the only new parts i bought were the 6 to 360 conversion mounts from shumacher and the headers. the trans member is a direct bolt on. i spent 60 on my driveshaft and 40 bucks on a radiator and shroud from the local yard. i have never used the trans dapt mounts....and i forgot to mention that you will need a 727 yoke for the driveshaft.

-
Back