Smack Talkin Chevy guy

-
give him a roll of toilet paper......tell him if his car runs as much as his his mouth he'll be needin it at the end of the 1/4 mile

I think the ricers are far worse than any Chevy guy.

Exactly! I was riding home last night and some clown in a Scion (juicebox-on-wheels) comes through the intersection in front of me like he's supposed to be drifting. Did it intentionally. For whatever reason I don't know.

Next time your neighbor comes over ratcheting his jaw about his Chevy, just tell him what I had lettered on the back of my old '69 Dart racecar: "Real racecars don't wear bowties".

Years ago I'm in my 20's a coworker his 40's running his mouth about his K-5 Blazer will pull my cramp new W100 all over the place. After a couple weeks of BS, I told him lets go. We hooked the trucks back to back with a chain in the parking lot. I was going to blow up my 318 before I let the Chevy Guy 1 up me. Long story short his big bad 400 Chevy wasno better than a little 318.

PS I think Polaris snowmobilers must also own Chevy.

Honda guys are pretty bad, they hate Subaru's with a dieing passion. I get the "evil, but I know my car sucks" eye from them, and then they see it's a station wagon that walked all over them. There are a lot of cars I like and would drive, it's just some owners give them a bad name and reputation for being asshats. Notice how street racing wasn't an issue until some dork got his mom's 160K Civic, loaded it with 10, 15" subs, paid $1200 for a Type R fart can and put "Nawzzzzzzz" on it and decided he had something to prove? When I had my 92' GT, I'd blow them away, slow down, let them catch up and do it again, or let them pull 5 car length's and then pass them.

Years ago I'm in my 20's a coworker his 40's running his mouth about his K-5 Blazer will pull my cramp new W100 all over the place. After a couple weeks of BS, I told him lets go. We hooked the trucks back to back with a chain in the parking lot. I was going to blow up my 318 before I let the Chevy Guy 1 up me. Long story short his big bad 400 Chevy wasno better than a little 318.

PS I think Polaris snowmobilers must also own Chevy.

Two things carebear..........

I don't care if its a dodge site or not, don't lie about dragging something heavier with better weight distribution than your little 3800 (max) pound w100 across the pavement........ The Blazer has you beat hands down in poundage, not to mention it has nothing to do with motor.

Two, I am diehard Polaris, and have driven nothing but mopar since I was 16. Not my fault Polaris had he only machine worth owning if you wanted smooth, reliable, and fast (ish) from 82 to the mid 90's.

"some clown in a Scion (juicebox-on-wheels)"....I still fail to understand how a vehicle that basically looks like a US Mail truck has become a status sybol with the youth of today. Good marketing, I guess.
And the Honda Element....looks like Honda is trying to find a way to avoid painting their vehicles at all!
Why not just Linex the entire exterior...
alan627b

I've been a regular over at Chevelles.com for years. I had a 71 Malibu until financial circumstances forced me to sell. Above all else, they're car guys first! I still post over there and I've kept them up to date on the 71 Demon resto I'm doing for the church ministry project. Not one negative comment has been posted and in fact, they've been nothing but supportive.

This guy with the 3rd gen Camaro is not worth stressing over or worrying about. If he was a REAL car guy, he'd want to hang out with you and talk cars instead of talking trash.

An 84 Monte? Ask him why he needs to tub it for 12 inch wheels, since it's gonna end up being a low rider anyway!

Dodgetkboy78 , I am not a liar! The K-5 vs my W100 was on a offstreet parking lot. 6" of snow over gravel stone lot. Both trucks chewed through down to the base and neither pulled the other.No lie! He was surprised.
Polaris guys around here all talk big on the trail but none will ever go to track with timing lights. The Polaris ran good in those years. Articat kicked but with their ZRT sleds though. I will give you the XCR 800 triple was quick.
No offense intened.

Ahh, snow............. There's the difference. Now I can believe you. Sounds like your Polaris guys are a let down around there. I never turned down a good asskicking, and still don't, when I take my old 98 XC700 out. But I never thought POlaris were the fastest, it was dragging home the cats on a tow rope that I picked on them about.

I always called them exercise equipment when trying to start them years ago.Much better noe. I had a '98 XC700 PSI lakeracer setup. Grass dragged it alittle. Lot of mouthy want to be racers, but none would go to the track. Sled was a blast. Last sled was a 2000 Arcticat Pantera 1000cc. I'm getting old.

Work with a couple of wannabees. all they can talk about is how they want another camero/mustang/chevelle like they had in school. Good on them, leaves more mopar stuff for us and they never seem to come up with a car, just the talk.
Rat

Bow ties are for little boys.

I get sick of seeing the same thing all the time, small block chevy small block chevy blah blah blah

probably why i got into mopar

Cardboard color would go well with those boxy body lines
"some clown in a Scion (juicebox-on-wheels)"....I still fail to understand how a vehicle that basically looks like a US Mail truck has become a status sybol with the youth of today. Good marketing, I guess.
And the Honda Element....looks like Honda is trying to find a way to avoid painting their vehicles at all!
Why not just Linex the entire exterior...
alan627b

My favorite Chevy SBC story. Most never have the opportunity to do this, and half don't believe me. I had in my shop, at one time, three SBC's, all 350's. One was an old dirt track engine, one was the new dirt track engine, and one was a motor I was building for my buddy's 69 GMC truck.

I had always heard from my dad about GM's lack of tolerance control, and how the reason why SBC's came with adj valvetrain was because they couldn't get their **** in the middle of the block.

I took a NEW cloyes double roller chain, and put it on the three engines, one loose, one REALLY loose, and the motor for the 69 was so tight I had to tap the cam gear on the cam with a mallet.

Dad WAS right, Chevy cant get their **** straight.

All the GM heads I tell that too, cal me a liar though, you have to see it to believe it.

My favorite Chevy SBC story. Most never have the opportunity to do this, and half don't believe me. I had in my shop, at one time, three SBC's, all 350's. One was an old dirt track engine, one was the new dirt track engine, and one was a motor I was building for my buddy's 69 GMC truck.

I had always heard from my dad about GM's lack of tolerance control, and how the reason why SBC's came with adj valvetrain was because they couldn't get their **** in the middle of the block.

I took a NEW cloyes double roller chain, and put it on the three engines, one loose, one REALLY loose, and the motor for the 69 was so tight I had to tap the cam gear on the cam with a mallet.

Dad WAS right, Chevy cant get their **** straight.

All the GM heads I tell that too, cal me a liar though, you have to see it to believe it.

That's called core shift. It became a big problem when the engines were heche in Mexico.

-
Back