Small block headers: worst to best fitting. List your experience.

-
and to think I've used Hooker fenderwell headers and Hedmen b-body headers on low deck big block Darts and Cuda's, both fit rather well.
I'm pretty sure I'd be pleased with any header fitment on a small block A-body.

They should all be race headers. Don’t let the word race scare you.

That’s the problem. You want to run junk **** and then ***** about it.

So the answer is YOU NEED A RACE HEADER or stop bitching about header fit.
They fit fine, but the mother fuckers hung down so low-they were smashed up within the first couple weeks. And I had as tall of 15" tires that would fit and had the front end cranked up a respectable amount.

The OP needs to define “fit”.

If you have a one piece header it’s probably not a good header.

Best fitting headers:

Hooker 5303 (can’t buy them any more but it’s still the best all around production head header there is.

Hooker 5204 (can’t get these any more either) but this is the best header for 340-360 inch almost stock engines.

Anything else is just a pain in the ***. Do they go on easy? Nope. But when they are on they fit and they work.

Not a TTi fan.
Avatar car has the 5204 Hookers. 1-3/4" tube and spark plug access is direct and very simple for all of them. As mentioned, they can challenge you to get them on but once on, they fit well. Car is street-driven some but not a daily driver so ground clearance has not been an issue.

Folks always ***** like you have to take the headers off everytime you change oil, - ffs.
Mosta mine have been on over 5 yrs, one over 10 yrs.
Headers are still the most cost effective way to gain h/p .

Last edited:
-
Back