small block heads

-
Noone here disagreed with you on the year or what they came off of. That is a later casting number so I said 80s you said 1976 i never disagreed with you. Then someone said something about the valve size . Noone is disputing you !? That casting number is also found on 318 4bbl engines which used 360 heads and intake. I think they where used from 75-84. As for the valve size I have no idea I have never had of those heads my 360 heads have 1.88 intake valves and my 318 has 1.78. I personally have never seen a stock 360 head with 2.02 valves but that doesn't mean nothing.

I wasnt arguing I dont really dont know either that why I posted the pics so if someone on here know they could educate me on it , sorry if i came of like i was argueing cause that was not my intent so please forgive me if it did

Yes bore is 3.91
I wasnt arguing I dont really dont know either that why I posted the pics so if someone on here know they could educate me on it , sorry if i came of like i was argueing cause that was not my intent so please forgive me if it did
It's all good brother I was just clarifying that noone was disputing you. Sometimes its hard to interpret ppls responses thru text lol no apologies needed.

that what i meant to say because i measured my pistons after the comment about them putting 360 heads on 318 and pistons measured 3.910 so i have a 318 instead of a 360

The thing with 360 heads on 318 is it lowers the compression alot. I'm assuming you know that because you are asking about head cc lol alot of guys on here have alot more experience and probably better opinions on the matter than me that being said I would not put an uncut 360 head on a 318. If you plan on milling the heads .040 to .060 tho then you will be fine on a 318 but just make sure your valve train geometry hasn't changed. Personally I'd choose a good set of ported "302" 318 heads

Back to the original question. Set you heads chamber up on a level horizontal surface. Spray some WD40 in the chamber and use a medical syringe they have clear graduations mark on the side. Your no building a pro stock engine so will be near enough.My J heads that have been messed with over the years are 60 cc's.

Does the WD40 break up the water's surface tension? Never thought of that one. I use a drop of detergent in the water.... enough to break up surface tension but not enough to readily form bubbles.

ok thanks will try that maybe this weekend as for its raining here n not supposed to stop till saterday

Back to the original question. Set you heads chamber up on a level horizontal surface. Spray some WD40 in the chamber and use a medical syringe they have clear graduations mark on the side. Your no building a pro stock engine so will be near enough.My J heads that have been messed with over the years are 60 cc's.
I used a thin layer of grease on the mateing surface of the head to hold the plexiglas to the head. What's the wd40 for?

Is it the one in your avatar picture? That's a swinger. They had two 2 door body styles in 75 a coupe (sport) and a 2 door hardtop (swinger) may be you got the wrong title? What is the first 4 of your vin number match it up with the first 4 on your title vin number!

I used a thin layer of grease on the mateing surface of the head to hold the plexiglas to the head. What's the wd40 for?
Is it the one in your avatar picture? That's a swinger. They had two 2 door body styles in 75 a coupe (sport) and a 2 door hardtop (swinger) may be you got the wrong title? What is the first 4 of your vin number match it up with the first 4 on your title vin number!
we did that when i got it in 88 whit state troopers cause it had mississippi title

-
Back