small block water pump outlet right or left?

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
ok, i bought a new aluminum radiator and didnt realize the outlet on the bottom or the rad is on the left instead of the right how mine is now, before i painted it black. (yes i painted my aluminum rad. black) i havent found any water pumps that have a left side outlet like a big block everything ive seen is on the right side.... looking through the new mopar mag. in the article the budget blown small block they show a water pump that has a left side outlet! anyone know what these come on? i need to find one or find someone to alter the lower tank of my new rad.
Any help would be great, thanks everyone!

get water pump for 69 and older small block.....but then the bottom hose will block the timing tab......

get water pump for 69 and older small block.....but then the bottom hose will block the timing tab......

X2... When I changed the original engine out of my 69 Barracuda, I didn't realize that and ended up blocking the timing marks. It was such a pain, I put the newer water pomp on it and got a radiator with the bottom hose on the right side... you can run the older water pump but won't like the timing mark blocked.

I had the same problem on the 340 that I had in my car before...I got a 24" stainless steel hose with chrome ends and ran it like a snake for the bottom hose...another option is to change the timing cover and the pump to the later design...the later cover has the timing marks on it rather than the tab of the earlier ones

I just took my radiator to a shop and had them move the bottom hose to the other side.

if you are looking for an aluminum radiator for a dart check a website callled monster cooling. They are near garden grove calif. and they run about $220.00

-
Back