small block waterneck/thermostat housing question

-

hemidart1

Reaction score
I've got a new Professional Products "Cross Wind " manifold on my small block-where do I get a water neck for it?

thanks
Al.

Off your old intake.

Or you can get a chrome one from any of the usual suspects (Summit, Jegs etc). The chrome ones seem to only last a couple years though as they are quite vulnerable to galvanic corrosion. Some also claim to have an "O-Ring Seal" which works better if you remove the o-ring and glue on a regular paper gasket.

Just checked Summit and the only one they have that would be an "improvement" over a painted stocker is $119. Me, I'd get the $7.95 cast iron neck and a can of spray paint.:thumblef: Just my $.02.

At a place like NAPA do I look for a waterneck from a 318, 340 or 360?

Either one will work just fine. Did some more checking and Mancini has a billet aluminum neck for less than $40. Looked at the Crosswind online and and it looks like it takes the standard neck. May want to check and make sure it doesn't need the Magnum neck like Adam says.

I get cast iron ones from Car Quest for $15. No flex, thicker, and fit perfectly. Most important... No leaks...lol.

I think it might take the larger magnum neck because I went and got a 318 waterneck and it was too small of tthe bolt holes/opening.

I got one from Kregan (probably same supplier for NAPA/Carquest) after finding out that my original one was cracked. They are made in China and are iron (not alum). I used it for about a year and then found a old Canadian-made one at a car show for a buck and am using that now.

'Just a FYI for those who prefer not to have Chinese parts on their vintage Mopar muscle.

I dont care who makes it. I wish the MP ones weren't trash...lol.

my stock piece was cast aluminum, i reused it...

fyi i have the same intake, and am very pleased with it!

-
Back