Small Block Weiand Action+ vs. Edelbrock RPM Air Gap ET/MPH Comparo

-
Got the Air Gap installed and all ready for the strip. The Weiand has that handy threaded tower to mount a simple l-bracket for a throttle setup while withe the AG you either buy a bracket or have to get creative (in my case) Initial carb setting only required turning the 4 corner idle mixture screws in about an 1/8 turn, didnt have to touch the secondary idle speed screw, haven't done plug chops, but using my wideband not much has changed, mostly richer by a tenth or two. Went for a couple shakedown runs, "I think it feels" stronger especially off the line thru the midrange as it pulls hard to a 6000 shift point. Sitting over the front wheels of this van you can really feel when the front lifts. Lift and forward thust feels better. Could be wishful thinking but we'll soon see..

View attachment 1715419613

If you ever decide to make and sell those brackets, put me down for the first one!!

I'll be bolting on an Air Gap to my Magnum this week and that is trick!!

1/4 mile times today were an average of 11.81@111mph (3 back to back runs all within .02 of each other. The low and mid power of the Air Gap over the modified Action+ is very noticeable, and up top it also has a bit of an edge. In my case it was a good upgrade ootb, with room for some massaging. YMMV

Looks like you've made a good choice, hitting high 11's as you stated was your goal, now where to next?
Over winter I was planning on some head massaging on the EQ's, a slightly bigger cam and converter change. Have everything sitting waiting. I want to run with the modern Challengers, Mustangs etc at the tracks in my area, most are running mid 11's in the 116-120mph range. Tired of some of them motoring on by at the top end:mad: Thats as far as I want to go.

Last edited:
Considering your aerodynamic disadvantage, I think your doing really well.

-
Back