Small block with a cross ram

-

QWKSLVR

Reaction score
Hi. My brother ( yes the same one ) has a cross ram manifold that he bought 35 Years ago. He decided its time to gather the parts to be able to install and use it. Does anyone know where to buy the linkage for the carbs? Thanks. Bobby

Which manifold? Small or big block? If small block and the STR-12, there is someone who sells gaskets for these manifolds on eBay in singles or sets of 3. He apparently also makes linkage for these manifolds. You may have to send him a message on another itsm he is selling to ask.

I will see if I can find his link and post it later.

Those things work like jack the bear when you do a little work on them.

Hell I'd have one if I could

A) find one and
2) afford one.

A very underrated manifold if prepped correctly.

Those things work like jack the bear when you do a little work on them.

Hell I'd have one if I could

A) find one and
2) afford one.

A very underrated manifold if prepped correctly.

you mean the popsicle stick trick?

Here is an update if anyone is looking for the linkage. A fellow on ebay has them. Dale Wilch Sales Company in Kansas. My brother ordered his this week. Looks like a very nice kit and should work well. Bobby

I would love to have an str 12 ,
but my wallet wouldn't !!
I wonder why nobody has made a modern sb cross ram ?

Good to know you can get gaskets and linkage for them !!

I would love to have an str 12 ,
but my wallet wouldn't !!
I wonder why nobody has made a modern sb cross ram ?

Good to know you can get gaskets and linkage for them !!

Because very few people bought one when you could get them. They need a bit of work but they are really nice pieces when sorted out.

Not hard to fab if you cant find one new. I checked his Ebay site out and didnt see one. I used a cable from the first around to the second for a 1:1 linkage when pulling on the driver side with an extended 4bbl stock cable. It worked fine, dual return springs and all, but I popped my top 2X4 plate due to a back fire and ended up going to a 1X4 top plate (both plate AL) as the 2 390's I had were questionable. I should have put a big freeze plug on top to vent a backfire to prevent cracking the top. lesson learned. Here is a pic of a stock one here.
STR-12004.jpg

-
Back