small bolt pattern conversion

-

cruzer71

Reaction score
i want to convert the small bolt pattern on my 71 dart to a 4.5" to fit some new wheels. what is the best way to do it? i'm on a very tight budget so something cheap costing would be great.

There was a thread here on how to retrofit a mustang rotor to the kelsey hayes 4 piston disc brake system. If you have that,your in luck.As for the axles,just drill em for bbp and install long studs.I dont know what to do for a sbp drum brake set in front. Maybe it could simply be redrilled as well.

There was a thread here on how to retrofit a mustang rotor to the kelsey hayes 4 piston disc brake system. If you have that,your in luck.As for the axles,just drill em for bbp and install long studs.I dont know what to do for a sbp drum brake set in front. Maybe it could simply be redrilled as well.

Can't drill the rear axles. Because of the access hole for the bearing flange bolts there's not enough material there. http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MOASAB

the way im doing it is i found a 74 valiant in my local wrecking yard that has the BBP and has disc brakes to boot i got the complete front suspension for a 100 bucks and the rear for 200

ef8340 has the right idea to swap everything around.

The other alternative is adapt the mustang rotors and get new rear axles if you have an 8 3/4. Or get a new front spindles, brakes, and upper A arms, and new rear axles. You're gonna have $4-500 invested in doing the changeover.

Waaaait a minute.Others have redrilled thier axles on this sight,so how did that happen if there's not enough meat?

I did the redrill the axles thing....I think I used studs for a early 80's GMC..slightly smaller than the mopar ones..There was enough meat and I also had the old holes filled in with a mig welder..To add strength......

I did the redrill the axles thing....I think I used studs for a early 80's GMC..slightly smaller than the mopar ones..There was enough meat and I also had the old holes filled in with a mig welder..To add strength......

same here filled the hole and redrilled. I now have to put the nuts on the axle with a wrench but just to get everything redrilled to 4.5 pattern
1 front hubs
2 rear axles
3 rear drums
total 80 bucks

2 sets of 1/2 20 right hand screw in studs (jegs) 40 bucks

and I went with the scarebird conversion
105 bucks for the plates

and I haven't added up the cost for the rotors and calipers but it didn'tr seem to bad

16 bucks for the proportioning valve
I don't have the car finished but it looks like it's a easy do.
you already have the dual master so that a plus.
even if you stay drums.
oh yeah TIRES and rims, gonna spend some money there

-
Back