Small bolt pattern disc upgrade

-
I've had them on the track and heat was not an issue. Unless you decide to run a fast track and start pushing the car hard, the plain rotors are fine. Just make sure the 'hat' section has either a good casting or has been machined. That's the one issue with some of the replacement castings - I first ran into that about 20 years ago and every now and then I read about someone else having the same issue: the rough casting will just kiss a piston boot or the caliper itself.

Depending on use, for pads some guys here have loved the EBC Red Stuff. I went Porterfield's street lining, RS4 IIRC which held up quite well for even a basic intro on a road course. Stops pretty well in the cold too. For just street use, a good semi-metalic will be fine. Some of the choice is also personal preference, how grippy you feel comfortable with, what sort of pedal feel you like, and so forth.

edit: When I say 'track' above I mean road course.

What are they going on? I am going to put the Scarebird kit on my 68 Dart GT. The brackets are around a $100 and the rest of the parts are easily sourced from local auto parts store. I have 9" drums on front, and dont want to convert the car to big bolt, this kit doesn't require changing everything around, and I figure I will have just a tad over $200 into it when done, just a thought.
Scarebird-Logo.png

• VAL%20components-228x228.jpg

These conversion brackets uses widely available and inexpensive components to convert your 1960-72 9" drum brake equipped Mopar to disc brake. You do not need to remove the spindle nor the lower ball joint to do this. You will need to redrill the Toyota Previa rotor hat for the Mopar 5 on 4 inch circle bolt pattern. A paper pattern is provided, or you favorite machinist can do this task easily (I can also sell a pair of new NAPA rotors that are drilled for $135 extra).

VAL%20components.jpg

With the bracket, a pair of register adapters are provided to keep your rotors centered. Longer studs are advised, as the rotor hat is almost 1/4" thick where mounted to the hub. This conversion will fit the 14 x 5" stock Rally's, but not the 14" poverty rims unless some minor grinding is done to the 1990 Celebrity calipers (note: we have found some brands of caliper will indeed clear the stock rims without grinding). We also offer fitted calipers for a modest fee along with Hawk HPS pads.

This will not fit the 13" rims.

This will not clear the factory front sway bar

VAL%20assy.jpg

VAL%20caliper%20ground.jpg

1960-72 Dodge, Plymouth "A" body, with 9" drums
  • Product Code: VAL
  • Availability: In Stock
  • $105.99
Qty
Information
Customer Service
Extras
My Account
Contact Information
  • Phone: (425) 443-1394
  • Sales only, please use email for technical questions.
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Hours: 10AM-2PM M-F MST
Scarebird Classic Brakes LLC © 2017

-
Back