small bolt pattern hangup

-

duster 2

dustertwo
Reaction score
So I have a 1972 Duster 340 ....looking to set up with cragar mags...(I have been doing some research on this site and jegs etc, on this problem) seems like the cragar small bolt patterns are obsolete....looking for a good manufacturer of axle shafts with larger bolt pattern..
Have 8 3/4 diff. last 3 digets of cast 489...but seems strange this differential has small pattern.Thanks

All A body 8.75 were small bolt pattern.

doctordiff.com is where you need to be. Of course, then you have to upgrade the front brakes to big bolt as well.

ran across this on f/b marketplace & found it again.

4 - 15x7 CRAGAR FLAT SPOKE 5 X 100 MINT COND SMALL BOLT MOPAR A BODY​

$1,000
Listed 3 days ago in Waterbury, CT

Door pickup

4 - 15x7 CRAGAR FLAT SPOKE 5 X 100 MINT COND SMALL BOLT MOPAR A BODY​

$1,000
Listed 3 days ago in Waterbury, CT

Door pickup

Details​

• Condition
    Used - like new
One set of mint condition old school style flat spoke Cragar 15 in 5x100 or 5x4" series bolt pattern these will fit most A- body Mopars Barracuda Dart Valiant Duster Swinger 63-75 Etc yes I wax my wheels when I store them there is wax all over them it keeps debris off and coated, wheels are in mint condition always well taken care of especially around the lug nut area they are not faded chipped peeled or anything these wheels are in mint condition rear tires are sreet stick 225/70-15 15x7 fronts are 195/65-15 on 15x6 tires are in great condition please do not ask if it's available if the ad is up they are still available the wheels came off a rare showcar $1,000 firm so do not ask! Yes they are MINT! Contact me when you ARE READY TO PURCHASE

Waterbury, CT
Location is approximate

Seller information​

Seller details

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/profile/100007707662909/?__tn__=<
Steven Keyser

(23)
rZL_xonifFt.png

Highly rated on Marketplace

Last edited:
5x100 is NOT small bolt pattern

You may be able to put them on and torque the lug nuts but they are not the same

I wouldn't trust it

5x100 is NOT small bolt pattern

You may be able to put them on and torque the lug nuts but they are not the same

I wouldn't trust it
Absolutely correct. 5x100 is NOT correct for a 5 on 4 Mopar.
Close, but no cigar. I wouldn't trust it either.
You can specify a 5 on 4" bc on summits site and search what's available.

So I have a 1972 Duster 340 ....looking to set up with cragar mags...(I have been doing some research on this site and jegs etc, on this problem) seems like the cragar small bolt patterns are obsolete....looking for a good manufacturer of axle shafts with larger bolt pattern..
Have 8 3/4 diff. last 3 digets of cast 489...but seems strange this differential has small pattern.Thanks
Just a few keystrokes. I didn't check if they are in stock but Summit is pretty big so your chances are good that they are. Custom Wheels for Street, Racing & Off-Road | Summit Racing

Summit has 14x6, 15x7, and 15x8 in stock RIGHT NOW! FYI - they refer to 4" bolt circle as 101.6mm. Whatever you do don’t buy those ones that are listed as 5 x 100mm bad things will happen if you use those. Below is a link to show you which ones are available right now…

I have 15x6 and 15x8 Cragar’s on my duster and love them.

Cragar Wheels - 5 x 101.6mm Wheel Bolt Pattern (application) - Free Shipping on Orders Over $109 at Summit Racing

View attachment 1716150342

View attachment 1716150352

Timeless classics..SS Cragars..15×8 on yellow one....14×8 on burgundy one......5×4"....I want some 15×4.5's or 15×4's

20230822_150911.jpg

20230821_162425.jpg

cool pic...could you tell me specs on your rims and tires
thanks

IMG_4623.jpeg

I have the middle and bottom wheel. Dimensions and offsets are listed. I used 215/65/15 front tires and 255/60/15 rears. Could probably squeeze 275/60/15 in the back but preferred the more balanced look that I went with.
Not sure what the difference is appearance wise between the 08/61 and the 61c series is, but I can tell you my rears (08/61) take the special cragar shank style lug nuts and the newer 61C series appear to take a standard acorn. I think the 61C rears weren’t available when mine were done up. Therefore I have acorn lugs on the front and shank on the rear. I would have preferred all acorn.
If you use the 08/61 style wheel and require shank style lug nuts you MUST us the Cragar specific ones designed for small bolt pattern wheels. The shank diameter is smaller. I have two bags of each unused for sale. Sometimes they aren’t available through Cragar. I think part number 09004 and 09005 is what you need (09004 being left hand thread if you need them)

Last edited:
Absolutely correct. 5x100 is NOT correct for a 5 on 4 Mopar.
Close, but no cigar. I wouldn't trust it either.
You can specify a 5 on 4" bc on summits site and search what's available.
thanks

Steel wheels are heavy, and those Cragars are no exception.
Just one steel wheel is nearly as heavy as a pair of alloys. Alloys will give you a fair ride improvement.

Jus saying; not looking for an argument.

Steel wheels are heavy, and those Cragars are no exception.
Just one steel wheel is nearly as heavy as a pair of alloys. Alloys will give you a fair ride improvement.

Jus saying; not looking for an argument.
You’re right! My Cragar’s are like tanks bolted to the hubs. Lol. I also have a set of 4 15x7 polished Centerline auto drags for it that have sticky tires on them for playing and they are night and day lighter! For cruising and such I don’t care too much how heavy the wheels are…

I wish I had 2 15x8.5" autodrags for the rear. If anyone has a couple they’d sell let me know. Or trade for two of the 7" ones I have.

Last edited:
-
Back