Status
Not open for further replies.

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Contact seller
I need a small hub 904 torque convertor for a pre 68 motor. I have a stock large hub convertor from a /6 to trade or make part of deal. If you are running an early convertor to late crank bushing, you got what I need and I got yours. Shoot me a PM and well see what we can do. Thanks. So. Cal.

Those converters don't just swap over. The internals of the transmission are different too.

I need a small hub 904 torque convertor for a pre 68 motor. I have a stock large hub convertor from a /6 to trade or make part of deal. If you are running an early convertor to late crank bushing, you got what I need and I got yours. Shoot me a PM and well see what we can do. Thanks. So. Cal.

There is a different spline count on both convertors. They are not direct swap out items.

aw fudge....Ill have to check what I got now... No wonder that F'n convertor didnt want to fit! So I got a later trans and an early crank register, im screwed or is it a trip to the convertor shop to get a small snout put on? Thanks!

I have an early 904 converter, clean and boxed on a shelf.

I think a 68 input shaft can work in an later trans. spline wise

aw fudge....Ill have to check what I got now... No wonder that F'n convertor didnt want to fit! So I got a later trans and an early crank register, im screwed or is it a trip to the convertor shop to get a small snout put on? Thanks!

Not that this will help but I have a location of a new or reman Dayco convertor that is still on the shelf for a 1967 back 904 with the small hub.

If you check the spline count on your tranny I may be able to help. Just puled my drive train out and I have a rebuilt converter (probably less than 1k miles) that came out of my mid 70's 904. And has the small crank pilot. Has some sort of spacer on it to make it fit my newer large hole crank. I can get you pic if you would like. I would let it go super cheeeeeep.

You need a Dayco 972-S convertor. It is designed to use the with the 68 up transmission TF904 and the 1.550" pilot bushing used on the 1960 thru 1967 small block. This was a in the 2008 Dayco catalog.

So you need to fit a small hub converter into a large crank register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back