wclje8.jpg

macb2w.jpg

34g395x.jpg

9kp8uc.jpg

f4byo.jpg

34zer1i.jpg

6fme.jpg

jq43kp.jpg

looks like a headgasket issue, probably just starting to go, water in the oil.

it could be condinsation, but unlikly after warm up, but i have heard latly, OIL breaking down in the first 3 mins of start up, a few companys had this issue, the viscoscity broke down, and the oil turned into a milky water.

i also needed to run a crank case evac, it would blow the breather right out,

i just saw the pics now, id get the heads machined flat again, make sure you put teflon sealer on your head bolts before puting them on, the water jacks come through some of the bolt holes on the heads

thx but to put new head gaskets and run a evac system or a vacuum pump wouldnt stop my problem with the compression test... i think?...

Here are some pics i hope they are good enough

1ytikk.jpg

2csi0qc.jpg

wclje8.jpg

macb2w.jpg

34g395x.jpg

9kp8uc.jpg

f4byo.jpg

34zer1i.jpg

6fme.jpg

jq43kp.jpg

You can clearly see head gasket/surface issues with 4 and 6. Your head gasket is not sealing--end of story. Get your heads resurfaced by someone with a PCD cutter on a resurfacing mill and use some Victor nitroseal gaskets #5961. Clean everything up and reassemble--get a proven torque sequence and follow it closely. Your engine will be back to normal. Take a compression test before re-installing the manifold so that if it is a valve sealing issue you have one less thing to tear back apart. Or have the heads gone through before reassembling. Happy Motoring. J.Rob

You can clearly see head gasket/surface issues with 4 and 6. Your head gasket is not sealing--end of story. Get your heads resurfaced by someone with a PCD cutter on a resurfacing mill and use some Victor nitroseal gaskets #5961. Clean everything up and reassemble--get a proven torque sequence and follow it closely. Your engine will be back to normal. Take a compression test before re-installing the manifold so that if it is a valve sealing issue you have one less thing to tear back apart. Or have the heads gone through before reassembling. Happy Motoring. J.Rob

Hi thx for the answer so i will follow ur steps, thx alot for those tips, my friend is asking how can it be if its just the head gasket, he means if he put his hand on the valve cover hole where the smoke came out and let the hand go, there was alot of pressure then, is that normally that the engine have pressure like this?

Thx Peter

Hi thx for the answer so i will follow ur steps, thx alot for those tips, my friend is asking how can it be if its just the head gasket, he means if he put his hand on the valve cover hole where the smoke came out and let the hand go, there was alot of pressure then, is that normally that the engine have pressure like this?

Thx Peter

If the head gasket is NOT sealing properly then when the piston is on the compression stroke some of that pressure will escape into the lifter valley thus pressurizing the entire crankcase which will be seen venting from the valve cover hole and felt when your buddy's hand is covering it. No it is not normal to have pressure at all, if the cylinders are sealed up properly-this includes the head gasket part of the equation. J.Rob

Note small block mopars do not need sealer on the head bolts.

Wipe them cylinder walls down with clean paper towels and WD-40 to keep them fron rusting while you have it apart.

Would not cost much to have the valve job and valve guide clearances looked over while you have the heads off.

Felpro Performance head gaskets work well.

Thx guys i was thinking to put the other head off too, and give them a new head gasket also, what you guys think about that?

I dont understand why hughsengines give that expensive motor cheap head gaskets...?

Wich head gaskets would you guys prefer, maybe u can show me a link
and how much should i take from my heads 1/10 or 2/10 ??

i just looked in my engine informations and i found out that i have this gaskets installed

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...earch=3104&searchmode=partnumber&partid=10646

please guys let me knew!

Thx alot for all informations Peter

Yeah those 1008s are really good gaskets.

Have the minimum taken off those heads to tru them up. But have the same amount taken off both heads.

Talk to the shop about the problem. You might want to have someone put a machinist straight edge across that block surface and check it with a feeler guage to make sure the block is tru.

Looks like plenty of oil in there, got pics of the plugs? Looks like too much oil to be valve seals(have that checked). Compression out the covers? Rings not seated, or gap too wide.

Compression at crank would be nice to know, just throw the head and old gasket back on, torque, and take a reading.

It looks plenty yes, because the gasket was gone into the intake manifold section, so there is oil and water there now

look clearly at the pic we found that out last night

2z3pil5.jpg

so we dont believe that the piston rings are gone anymore, the block walls looks really fresh without any scratches or so on,

guys how much would u cut from the heads? And wich gaskets of thickness should i take then?

Ah and yes those are not cheap head gaskets right, i was thinking about the felpro around 30$ per pair

Thanks Peter

The cheaper Felpro gaskets are like .054" thick where as the 1008 gaskets are .039" thick. The cheaper ones will cause you to loose compression.

Like I said before, take the heads to the shop and have them tru'ed up. They will only take enough off to tru them up and make them flat.

Thx and if i buy a straight edge and check after i clean the block and the head i should be fine too? I have a feeler gauge allready

So i can be sure i dont have to make them flat by a shop?

Thx Peter

-
Back