Snakes in my yard and I mean a big one.

-
Thanking the lord Jesus we don't have those up here...........If we did , don't think I woud go outside.

Killed two small snakes today while I was doing a little side work for a guy (yard maintenance). One had a attitude.... it was striking at the shovel before it met its death. Oh and I found a yellow jacket nest... but they found me first... OUCH!

I love snakes. They are so cool to watch. I would rather see it relocated than killed, but I understand why you killed it. I really want to have a pet rattler someday, it would just chill in it's own cage. I think it would be cool as hell to have it defanged, then when your having a party, reach in and get bit. How funny would that be to see all your drunk friends freak out! haha.

Snakes are very cool and they are great to have around. Like stated, they get rid of rodents. I would rather have a snake than a damn mouse.

If it endangers the little ones,I agree,if not,relocate them.I guess I should not post the 14 foot murmease python my son had,sucker was over a 100LBS,and could swallow a 15 lbs rabbit,mrmopartech

MMMMM... snake. We use the skins of course for belts,hat bands, satchel, shooting bags, etc. We use the bones of the spine for jewelry and beading.

The last time I was up at our Black Powder range we got 4 with over 8 buttons each and that was within the first 10 minutes of being there.

If it endangers the little ones,I agree,if not,relocate them.I guess I should not post the 14 foot murmease python my son had,sucker was over a 100LBS,and could swallow a 15 lbs rabbit,mrmopartech

Ahhh hell why not???

You know these jokers that handle snakes thinking that the Lord will keep them from getting bit? Well that one preacher got bit on the hand... it swelled up like a soft ball. He wouldn't let anyone take him to the emergency room.... well he died of course. He's not on the green side of the grass now. LOL

Man!! That is a a pretty good sized rattler! Going to make a beautiful pair of boots! That would have been cool to see him hit that squirrel.

I'd take a 5' snake over a 5' spider any day of the week, but having said that, I'd have to take 'em out too because of my dogs.

That is a mighty big rattler!

I am with you Joe. The ones that can seriously injure or kill family, friends, kids or pets are going to die at my house. I like snakes and I leave blacksnakes, kingsnakes, garter snakes, etc. alone. They can do as they please. Cottenmouths, rattlesnakes, and copperheads die.
I agree with the spider thing too. If they are bigger that a silver dollar, they freak me out. I don't even want to think of a 5' spider, but I sure would like to hit one with a 12 gauge, don't forget your goggles! :-D
Ever see 8 legged-freaks? Lol.

if i had snakes like that in my back yard there would be a for sale sign in the front yard. i live in the Mt's,and iv never seen a rattlesnake died black snakes every now and then good luck!!!

Dam you guys got cast iron balls to be living with those things around. No way no how I would be around if they were in my front yard......:eek:)

Derrick

Tony,

I had steak at the Big Texan 2 times last year going and returning from Albuquerque last September. Great place to eat and a variety of beer brands also.

You have the snake and I'll have the steak, thank you! lol

Tom

Hey Tom,

It was like eating chicken.....let me re-phrase that

It was like eating a chicken neck!

Going out to Fountain Hills, AZ in October........will stop at the Texan
again...the steak is great, the snake is just an appetizer.

cowboy2.gif

Hey Tom,

It was like eating chicken.....let me re-phrase that

It was like eating a chicken neck!

Going out to Fountain Hills, AZ in October........will stop at the Texan
again...the steak is great, the snake is just an appetizer.

cowboy2.gif

Well, might break down and try it my next trip out. Thanks Tony.

i've killed more than 20 diamond backs but only one was nice enough for relocation. no rattleling no strikes this snake was just nice and i was young enough to be stupid enough to pick it up no pretection and walk him to the desert. your snake seems to be missing a few years of his tail aka rattler.

they taste like chewy chicken if you can get it off the bones.

cut the head off and they make great cat toys for about 4 hours.

That reminded me of this. Gator vs python in the Florida everglades
051005_python_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg

I've heard that pythons are becoming a problem down there due to people letting their pets go when they become to large to handle. I don't think pythons were originally native to Florida. Is this true?

I've heard that pythons are becoming a problem down there due to people letting their pets go when they become to large to handle. I don't think pythons were originally native to Florida. Is this true?

Yeah the ecosystem is in serios danger because of it. Most of these were brought from Asia back in 70's-80's when they had very little regulation.There was story on the news here about someones pet python finally had to be released on a reptile ranch becuase she kept escaping her cage. She was 18 feet long.
49208278.jpg

Sorry Demonizer if that bad boy was at my door he would be in two pieces. Dont like snakes!

-
Back