So I watched Bullit Tonight!

-
I like Bullitt, the problem in contemporary society is that it's TOO realistic, & people don't have patience for authenticity if it isn't full of action & drama every other second. Even McQueen's line, "BULLSHIT!!! Get the hell outa here now..." to "Chalmers", Robert Vaughn's character, was something You didn't hear on the big screen much in those days.
The first time I watched the movie from the beginning, I noticed right away the guy who threw the smoke canister, & the guy who walked up to the desk at "The Mark" Hotel weren't the same actors. I initially assumed they had changed actors for some other reason at the time, 'til close to the end of course.
Vanishing Point was covered in a Mopar rag & they stated the movie "started with an alternate ending", uhhh no. When He wheeled around at the dozers & stopped among the scrap heaps, We saw His "mental" vanishing point. A couple minutes later(end of movie), We get the physical one. There was an alternate version, but that wasn't it, lol!

the problem in contemporary society is that it's TOO realistic, & people don't have patience for authenticity if it isn't full of action & drama every other second.
True that. Like some war movies I've seen that were so historically correct that they were a bit boring.

I don't think it has been mentioned...but... Bill Hickman (Driver of the Charger) was also in The French Connection... He also staged the car chase for that movie as well!!

Bill Hickman was the 'bad guys' driver in 7ups also ....for me the best chase scene in a city

1664264204688.png

-
Back