So it begins:

-
Hell yeah, thats what I am talking about. :clock:

Just give me a shout...I have been thinking of marketing a "Bolt On SB
A-body Turbo Kit" which would consist of hotside piping, turbocharger and wastegate, oil feed and drain, cold side piping, bypass valve and, bolt on Blow Through Carbuerator.

For a added fee, I'll mock everything up on my car, and fly/drive out with my own tools and do installs on the spot.

That would be the life wouldn't it?

Stay Tuned!

John, I'll sell you the complete vinyl top trim, including the front pieces for the A-Pillars, and all the hardware that was removeable (some studs are still on the car..permanantly attached)....basically the screws that had the little plastic tab under them...for $40 shipped inside the 48 states.

Otherwise, I can take pictures of the screws with the plastic tabs, or the studs with the tangs and illustrate here...

Best I can do for ya..:thumblef:

:shock:

Prine: Interested in a BB Turbo unit. What compression should i stay with. Right now i think everything i have goes way over the limits on compression needs. Let me know.

I understand now how you are getting so much done on the car. With 3 women you have to get out of the house. Hell i have to with one.

Hey, Prine, nice progress on the car. I am very impressed with your knowledge of turbochargers. They certainly add plenty of power. Have you studied the benefits of turbo- versus super-charging? Have you looked into water/alcohol injection systems to reduce detonation? Man, I have too many questions, but I love engineering and technology. I will be watching your build with great interest.

thanks. Yes, I love friction free hp..turbochargers rule..water injection is very beneficial in some applications.

Ask away...thats what we are all here for....discussion of the things we love, A-bodies, Horsepower/Torque....and how to get more.

Here is what I work on M-F 7am-4pm!!!!
GTA50003.jpg

GTA50002.jpg

GTA50001.jpg

Week10024.jpg

Thanks Again!

Prine:
I always check this thread. While my Dart is waiting in line for paint I will be
building my long block and looking at supercharging or using a turbo set-up for my 360. Paxton has a system that uses a NOVI-1200 but I think I can get more power for my money using a turbo set-up. I have read alot on the Mustang sites and have a good understanding on turbos. I know I can not go with a twin set-up right now so a good single turbo will be in comp with the NOVI-1200. Compression is my first obstacle. I know you have a build up in mind so share when I ask for advise on mine. :)
Also...I was wondering why you were going with a 318???

OEM 8.5:1 Compression Ratio, nothing exotic about the parts that will fail.

Intake Manifold, Carb, Headers, double roller gears and chain, ect....will all bolt onto the next $100 Longblock....= less downtime when it pops....and it will....I mean, I am going to see the exact limits of what a 318 will withstand before I build a beefed up 360.

You dig?

Have you considered a Poly motor, they are a bit heavier duty than the LA blocks.
OEM 8.5:1 Compression Ratio, nothing exotic about the parts that will fail.

Intake Manifold, Carb, Headers, double roller gears and chain, ect....will all bolt onto the next $100 Longblock....= less downtime when it pops....and it will....I mean, I am going to see the exact limits of what a 318 will withstand before I build a beefed up 360.

You dig?

HOLY CRAP! Look at those engines! What vehicles are they being built for? Do you specialize in a particular aspect of building them (or sub-specialize)? Does your company manufacture the engines or does it purchase them and apply them to specific vehicles? They seem to be painted in desert camo...are they for military vehicles?

Prine, I know what you are talking about...3 girls plus a wife...the only thing that keeps me sane is the duster and halo. I'm guessing you'll be surprised at what a 318 can handle, but you being into turbos maybe not, can't wait to see what it'll do....I should be reviving my turbo /6 post sometime soon as I have almost all of the parts to get on with the install and I've tinkered almost all of the economy out of it so why not.

I have faith the 318 will put 450whp to the ground (550+ at the crank) before it implodes.

First failure will be, blown head gasket, or Connecting Rod Failure....weakest links on a 318.

I intend on using Cometic MLS multi-layer-steel head gaskets, ARP Head Studs, and a COMPLETELY stock rotating assembly....stock cast crank, stock rods, stock pistons.

One possible failure could arise from a lack of under Piston Skirt Oil Squirters, but I do not plan on being in boost but maybe 20% of the time when I drive it.

I will not consider a poly because they are oddball and near exotic these days....although I do have (2).
The engines we build/test here are Industrial Commercial Drivers for either Gas Compression or Gensets....Beige is the standard color....Optional, Red, Black, Teal Green or Standard Beige....no Camo....although I was recently disappointed to hear how much we support KBR Halliburton.... :(
5.9L all the way up to V16 50 Liters.

Keep them comments coming!

Did I miss it? No one wanted to ask...."What's a 37 Henway?" (yeah, I know the answer)

I think that gas cap is for a Studebaker. They used a stylized "S" very similar to that.

.......... It is definatly a cap off of a 37 Henweigh. Confirmed that for ya...............

Damnit small block, I must have spent a good 15 minutes looking for a henweigh gas cap on google. :tard: .....so I found that a henweighs about 5 pounds ... disgust :banghead: :laughing:

Did I miss it? No one wanted to ask...."What's a 37 Henway?" (yeah, I know the answer)

I think that gas cap is for a Studebaker. They used a stylized "S" very similar to that.

Nope I didn't want to sound stupid and ask so I thought I'd do the smart thing and look it up

apparently I have lived a VERY sheltered life....although I must have heard that one somewhere b4 I still went on the snipe hunt... doh

Nice Dart and nice Progress....
My Dart have nearly the same VIN...only Produced Numbers are different...

LL23COR333988

...and i´m in Germany, lol

:cheers:

Better get some DTM etch or Epoxy on that metal quick...it won't last long.

Got the windshield and rear glass out.............Have not done anymore DA Sanding, but soon.

DSC07540.jpg

DSC07539.jpg

Come'on man,...0% percent Humidity is great for Bodywork.

Prine, How have the Monsoon's been over there? Did it cause any issues with the metal? I was wondering if you are interested in a couple of 318 engines? I am getting ready to pull the 318 from the dart and I won't need it. I also have a 318 short block that probably needs a rebuild. The 318 in the dart has not ran but it did turn over freely(before my starter quit):):) I will be keeping all the brackets and pulley's but the engine is yours if you want it.(no charge just pick it up)

Hey. Thanks for the offer on the 318's, But I decline. I have a preference for the Roller Cammed LA Small Blocks....the ones with the 302' and 308' casting cylinder heads :snakeman:

Got any of those laying around you want to give away in long block configuration?

Rain has been good lately (the last month)....With the car being 80% Bare Metal I have gotten to where I won't even consider pulling the car out of the garage if cloud cover exceeds 60%...:sad5:....at least till I get it in Primer.

no rollers here......I do have a set of the 302 swirl port heads sitting on the shelf collecting dust. They were rebuilt and ran less than a 1000 miles before I swapped them. I would be willing to let them go for 200.00 if you want them.

-
Back