So, let me get this straight..........

-

55crownvic

Reaction score
.......there are NO reproduction parts available for the 60-62 Valiants and Lancers, correct?

Man, I hope I am wrong, am going to go get my first 62 Lancer tomorrow, and of course it needs total restoration. I can handle the body rusted out parts, but things like weatherstrip? Interior? Mechanical? Glass?

Might be better if I passed on this one? HMMM.

ask madmax (Mark) he has one that he runs. Interior is custom to spec, will look fine. Mechanical is not unobtainable or fixeable, glass is national junkyard searchable, weatherstrip will be tough but can be adapted in a pinch (cut and fill gap) Good luck on your toad !

just catch a toad, skin him and dress him!??? I found a good unhostry guy ( and his wife) that will do mine this winter, for very decent price. but ya got search!!!!! no one ever said anything would be easy!!??? LOL good luck......

you will have to be diligent in your search for toad parts. That crowd is a small but loyal breed.

The aussie's love those cars Make a plan & do not remove your glass until you find out if the rubber is re-popped.

i drove a toad for years-- & it is still driving today-- but rust is winning the battle. Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_7434.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 427
you are in the springs? too bad , you missed a complete 61 or 62 2 door lancer down at pull n pay off highway 85-87 about a year ago. the thing was clean. sad to say but around here those things are all but extinct

you are in the springs? too bad , you missed a complete 61 or 62 2 door lancer down at pull n pay off highway 85-87 about a year ago. the thing was clean. sad to say but around here those things are all but extinct

Aint that how it always goes? Been focusing on my Maverick and missed out on the Lancer, drag, and major bummer.

yes, I dragged it home, cool car, but the wife is kinda pissed at me now, I may have to get rid of it, I have 2 cars to finish before I can do this one, and being retired, well, prob should not have bought it, but, we will see.

will try and get some pics up tomorrow for you toad lovers(myself included) This car is gonna be beautiful when it gets finished, cant wait!!!!

Weatherstrip can be had for ANY car. If it's not available ready made, you have to figure out which style you have and buy it in bulk. JCWhitney sells bulk weatherstrip for any car ever made.

-
Back