So my build just changed

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
I decided to check the runner volume of my heads and discovered that some of the valves did not seat properly, after a valve job at the shop and some milling my chambers are now at 80cc, so now my motor will be about 11.5:1, so its either race fuel or e85, that i have not decided on yet, but my cam selection has changed, i was planning on a .528 or .557 mopar solid, but now im thinking either the .590 mopar cam or this lunati that my buddy said i should run, what do yall think?
Intake. Exhaust.
.586 .607
Duration @ .50
259* 267*
110 lobe seperation
If you didnt know
.30 over 440
11.5:1
Torker 2 or team g
800 holley
J converter
3.91 gears (for now) 4.30 or 4.56 sometime soon
Car bout 3200lb

Is this a strip-only car? That compression ratio will be a tough issue to deal with on pump gas. E85 is cheaper but you will use much more of it.
If the pistons are not in yet, are the tops thick enough to have them machined down? Dwayne Porter suggested to me that I have the NON quench side of my pistons milled .040 to .050 and recheck the balance. This would retain quench while dropping the CR almost a point. This should be within the capabilities of a competent machine shop. The altyernative is contacting your piston manufacturer to see if they offer this service.
PLEASE take it from a man that has been there: High compression on the street is like walking a tightrope. You are always a gnats *** from destruction. It really is better to build for less compression to have some sort of "cushion". Running so close to detonation means if you run hot, run lean or advance the spark ONE degree too much, the engine will knock.
NOT fun.

It will be a weekend cruiser, i allready rounded and smoothed the edges if the domes, so whatsup with this water injection?

-
Back