So what's new?

-

Rob

Reaction score
I haven't been around much lately, anything exciting going on?

My Mom had a heart attack followed by triple bipass, valve replacement surgery a month ago so that kept me busy. It came out of nowhere, she's the healthiest person I ever met, the only time she was ever in a hospital is when I hatched almost 52 years ago. She's doing very well now. Other than that I've been picking away on my wife's car, sorry it's not a Mopar but when it's finally done I'm going to put all my go fast goodies into the Duster and have some fun with it :-D

Damn Rob, hope your mom is doing alright.

Let me know next time you're at the cabin.

Are you going to Thunder In The Valley this weekend?

Been busy here also. Aunt had a pacemaker installed. Married the son off least weekend and started a 64 Savoy project about a month ago. 100 deg weather and dryer than a popcorn fart. Sweet corn patch didn't make due to dry weather. Deer crop looks good. Looking forward to Monster Mopar Weekend it St Louis in Sept. Tell Mom to get well. Glad to have ya back in the saddle.
Small Block

Your mom is one of the lucky. If she'll eat right and exercise she wont have a problem for atleasst 5 to 7 years. Then she'll go in every couple of years to get a stint or 3.
My dad is 16 years beyond his bypass. 9 stints installed so far. Not one other health problem though. So maintaining the one part is a breeze.
As for whats going on ( besides the heat ) not much. Cheers

I hope your mom pull through alright. Now get out there and work on that duster.

Thanks, she's already a lot better. I still have about a years work left on the wife's project before I get to the Duster, but I will get there.

Damn Rob, hope your mom is doing alright.

Let me know next time you're at the cabin.

Are you going to Thunder In The Valley this weekend?

Thanks Mike, I think we're going to go to the races on Saturday, my son's coming up with the wife and kid. Maybe we'll see you at the races?

Been busy here also. Aunt had a pacemaker installed. Married the son off least weekend and started a 64 Savoy project about a month ago. 100 deg weather and dryer than a popcorn fart. Sweet corn patch didn't make due to dry weather. Deer crop looks good. Looking forward to Monster Mopar Weekend it St Louis in Sept. Tell Mom to get well. Glad to have ya back in the saddle.
Small Block

Thanks Bill, you do sound like you've been busy, I don't know how you can do it in that heat, that's a killer.

Your mom is one of the lucky. If she'll eat right and exercise she wont have a problem for atleasst 5 to 7 years. Then she'll go in every couple of years to get a stint or 3.
My dad is 16 years beyond his bypass. 9 stints installed so far. Not one other health problem though. So maintaining the one part is a breeze.
As for whats going on ( besides the heat ) not much. Cheers

My Dad had 3 open heart surgeries and never any stints, that's interesting information. Thanks for the well wishes

Good to hear from ya, Rob.

Glad your Mom is doing well. She sounds like she'll pull through. Barb's boss just went through the same ordeal, and she's in her 70's too.

Now get to work on that Riviera, the more you learn the better for me :-D.

And I might see you in Port, we'll see how the week goes.

Good to hear from ya, Rob.

Glad your Mom is doing well. She sounds like she'll pull through. Barb's boss just went through the same ordeal, and she's in her 70's too.

Now get to work on that Riviera, the more you learn the better for me :-D.

And I might see you in Port, we'll see how the week goes.

Thanks Mark, took her to the Doc today, she's doing great. :-D

Not sure when I'll get to the Riv, I do need to tear the motor down sometime and re-ring it, runs like a top but it smokes out the breather so I have to assume the rings are shot. It runs way to strong to need a full machined rebuild and I already did the heads. Other than that it needs minor body work and then paint.

The forecast isn't great for the weekend in Port just llike the last few years. Maybe we'll see you there, we usually sit about mid track.

-
Back