So, What's Your Favorite Burger Chain Place?

-
Webers on highway 11 north of Orillia Ontario, best burger and fries I've ever had for 40+ years. We went to a White Spot in Vancouver last year, very tasty !!

Gag me with a sharp tined fork. Probably the only place I ever ate that was worse than White Castle. There was one in Topeka, and I could never understand why people went there.

Topeka was the last place I saw one. Passed through there with a buddy about 1975 . Saw it and turned around. We both got a Big Shef. Sure miss them.

White Castle?? Where else can you buy a bag of burgers, take them home, feed the meat to the dog, and use the bun to clean your kitchen sink or toilet!???????/ yea!

Around here the best chain burger is Steak and Shake. Haven't tried Cook Out but I hear they have good burgers.

Around here the best chain burger is Steak and Shake. Haven't tried Cook Out but I hear they have good burgers.

We have Steak and Shake here too. My usual stopping place. Freddie's showed up here a while back. Tried them once. Seemed like a Steak and Shake "me too", only a lot higher priced.

...and Jeff.

No one likes my correct reply a page earlier?

Back in the mid to late 70's, Burger Chef was the only place that understood what a "plain" cheese burger meant. It means a burger with cheese and nothing else.

All of the other places either thought you meant with everything they normally put on them, or they were dumbfounded and after a pause, asked if I wanted cheese on it.

No one remembers the box fold and tab city?

I had about 6 square feet of it.

No one likes my correct reply a page earlier?

Back in the mid to late 70's, Burger Chef was the only place that understood what a "plain" cheese burger meant. It means a burger with cheese and nothing else.

All of the other places either thought you meant with everything they normally put on them, or they were dumbfounded and after a pause, asked if I wanted cheese on it.

No one remembers the box fold and tab city?

I had about 6 square feet of it.
Ohhh.. I understand you. How bout the plain double cheeseburger, Ohhh.. and the sliced Roast Beef Sandwich was to die for...When I worked there in the early 70's , a burger was 21 cents, cheeseburger was 24 cents... We use to have to wear the Military style , long cap, paper, of course. I think I still have one, says manager on it... LOL.....

Thanks Mitch.

I also remember Burger Queen and Dairy King!

Dairy King ran the local soft serve truck. I miss those.

When I was a kid, I didn't care for ketchup or mustard, so I would ask for a cheese burger "plain".

It was absolutely amazing to witness the total lack of common sense that simple request triggered.

I clearly remember lots of protracted conversations between myself, the employee, my mother, the manager, other customers, etc. My mom even left the store a couple of times because she was so frustrated and didn't want anyone that stupid preparing her food!

For whatever reason, we never had that issue at Burger Chef, so that became my favorite place.

White Castle?? Where else can you buy a bag of burgers, take them home, feed the meat to the dog, and use the bun to clean your kitchen sink or toilet!???????/ yea!

White Castle where you would have to buy 10 Burgers to have enough to eat if you could gag them down. Went to one in California once ..ordered 1 burger not knowing they sold baby burgers.Took one bite and left.Kinda like Krispy Cream Donuts... more hype than good product.Don't know how either stays in business. Won't be back.:(:(

Last edited:
As I have gotten older I have less and less tolerance for salty food and the burgers from all the big national chains vary from having some to a lot. So I rarely eat them anymore.

Ate a lot of them in the 60s however. They built a Burger King close by where I lived in '64, when they opened a whopper was 39 cents. When I turned 16 in '67 I got a job at McDonald's for $1 an hour. Burgers were I think 15 cents.

As mentioned above the Redcoat Tavern on Woodward in Royal Oak has excellent burgers.

in the 80's every rod around here had an "In-n-Out urge' bumper sticker: they just cut off the B and r. Get a burger "monkey style", they put french fries in it. And of course the " 4X4 protein style ": 4 sliders in a lettuce leaf. Eat those all day and you'll LOSE weight!

you guys may have every burger in the world...and a double double in n out is good,,....buts its not a real burger until you add egg and beetroot......aussie style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys may have every burger in the world...and a double double in n out is good,,....buts its not a real burger until you add egg and beetroot......aussie style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like this?

9A676CBE-CBBE-41EA-B498-E051F075611C.jpeg

Webers on highway 11 north of Orillia Ontario, best burger and fries I've ever had for 40+ years. We went to a White Spot in Vancouver last year, very tasty !!
YES, YES, YES!!! My daughter lives in Newmarket which is just north of Ontario. We go up there to visit 2 or 3 times a year and I ALWAYS go to Webers at least once on each trip. AWESOME.

When I was a kid, I didn't care for ketchup or mustard, so I would ask for a cheese burger "plain".

It was absolutely amazing to witness the total lack of common sense that simple request triggered.

I clearly remember lots of protracted conversations between myself, the employee, my mother, the manager, other customers, etc. My mom even left the store a couple of times because she was so frustrated and didn't want anyone that stupid preparing her food!

For whatever reason, we never had that issue at Burger Chef, so that became my favorite place.
I order my hamburgers plain as well, maybe with onions and cheese.
Mustard and sauces or relish?
I can't stand that crap and won't eat it.
Sometimes it's hard to get through people's thick heads that you don't like it.
In this day and age, you can lie and say you're allergic to it and they seem to understand.............now.............
Go figure.
There's a Harvey's here that puts on the toppings to your spec on the side.
I think that's a great idea!
The hamburgers aren't bad either..........

Do you guys in Alberta get the fatboy burgers like all the Greek burger places in Winnipeg serve? They put chilli on them that runs out on your shirt ....Redirect Notice

-
Back