Solar Panels, for CIVIL discussion

-
Thanks for sharing this interesting article about Florida and its impressive solar array. It's inspiring to see how a town can be self-sufficient and even produce more power than they need through renewable energy sources like solar power. Finding a balance between meeting our energy needs and protecting the planet is important. I personally never doubted are solar panels worth it, as I clearly see that it is good for our planet
Are you a real person or a robot?
The reason I ask is I looked at your other 7 posts - nothing car related, 2 others posts link to websites advertising something.
Something fishy here, happy to be proven wrong.

Fiberglass has been used to”reinforce”concrete for years. You people really need to ask yourselves what is the actual cost. And yes they are still burying them. I could set here for a month of sundays explaining why these”green” ideas areNOT feasible. But you continue to believe in the tooth fairy. You are paying out the wazoo for another fountain of youth. How many SOLYNDRA’s will you happily pay for? Not only you but your children and grandchildren.

Living in Minnesota. The whole EV and alternative energy certainly has challenges in cold weather. Hell, fossil fuel has challenges too. But has the advantage of decades in R/D experience. I for one like the "Out of the box" thinking. And look forward to seeing the future of energy exploration and development. I now have been reading that nuclear fusion is capable of producing more energy than it takes to deliver. This is a huge step forward. But still decades away from a viable power plant that can deliver. It's one thing to show gross gains. Another to deliver net gains to an energy starved audience.

Many fear the future. Believing that somehow we are losing perspective. But in fact. Innovation cannot be stopped. And the future can, and is bright, if we don't give in to fear.
I build big freezers for a living, and they get pretty cold. I can't stand in one for more than ten minutes without my phone warning that the battery is at risk of permanent damage from freezing.
The current crop of EV's avoid this by siphoning power from their own batteries to run heaters. Leave one parked all winter with no charger and it's likely to be bricked by spring.

The hurdles facing EV's might be overcome, but when governments and manufacturers say they are going 100% EV, that's when I know 100% that they are run by fools.

Thanks for sharing this interesting article about Florida and its impressive solar array. It's inspiring to see how a town can be self-sufficient and even produce more power than they need through renewable energy sources like solar power. Finding a balance between meeting our energy needs and protecting the planet is important. I personally never doubted are solar panels worth it, as I clearly see that it is good for our planet

Which politician held a gun to your head as you wrote this?
This post reads like it was written by Goebbels himself. You're either a 'bot, or a sycophant, but you're clearly not genuine.

They used to be hazardous waste that the consumer had to pay to recycle, but one day somebody decided they weren't hazardous any more......
I get promos in Arizona from people that say they will Give meFREE solar panels, and install for nothing (not nothing down).
There MUST be some nefarious reason they are promoting this so hard.
(And I don't for a minute believe anything is free!).
Reminds me of FREE covid shots that I didn't get either!
Here in FL, they use YOUR credit...... and from what I gather by the time you make all the money you spend on them things back, they've outlived their useful life so you're going to get screwed! So in other words the Solar Company will come up and put them up on your house for no money down but you got to sign for him and pay for and then eventually they may pay for their self but usually they're done by then

Here in FL, they use YOUR credit...... and from what I gather by the time you make all the money you spend on them things back, they've outlived their useful life so you're going to get screwed! So in other words the Solar Company will come up and put them up on your house for no money down but you got to sign for him and pay for and then eventually they may pay for their self but usually they're done by then

I could use solar almost year round. We have something like 300 days of sunshine a year.

When I looked into it, to get my investment back would take the better part of 22 years. And I didn’t add in the known cost of battery replacement and other crap.

That would put me at almost 80 years old. And that’s IF it only needed “normal” maintenance. I’m just looking to make 65.

I could use solar almost year round. We have something like 300 days of sunshine a year.

When I looked into it, to get my investment back would take the better part of 22 years. And I didn’t add in the known cost of battery replacement and other crap.

That would put me at almost 80 years old. And that’s IF it only needed “normal” maintenance. I’m just looking to make 65.
Amen Brother! Heck, I almost didn't see 52! I was in killer shape before I got that Damnable Double Pneumonia. **** ruined my life Brother.... yeah these companies get big Federal money, thanks to Obama, but that doesn't get passed to the customer you finance that crap for them. Don't get me wrong, I ain't got nothing against solar.... hell a buddy got some from where he worked at the traffic control device place, glued them up, we mounted, and was them on the roof of the shed and was charging 12 V deep cycles....

Average 247 days

hey look- the ads on this thread are telling me that guys with solar panels get girls with a nice ***-

1677503524973.png

Issues & Insights

I don't like it at all.

If it was such a great thing, it would be everywhere. They tease you with tax credits. In other words, it ain't no good, so we'll lower your taxes to get panels, and everyone else will pay that much more.

It’s a fools game. Without taxes it would never have got out of the gate. We need to get back to actual”entrepreneurs” building what works!

I cannot see why you object to solar,
agreed, commercially sold solar is not a good move,
but owner installed ,or DIY, makes 100% sense!
9mos of the year , I have no elect bill! the other months is typically
under $25,
so whats wrong with that?
my friends son is the head of a install crew,( big commercial solar fields)
they have less than 2% failure rate, and panels produce 90+% for over 20yrs,
pic is of my 10kw solar field.

DSC07341.JPG

under $25,

View attachment 1716056950

Yeah, we all have the TIME to screw around and try and make the green idiots happy.

Go look up peak oil and see how much these so called “environmentalists” lie to control you.

Im not playing that game.

Do your solar and ride your bike and take the bus all you want. That’s your choice.

My choice is to make my carbon footprint as big as I can. And LOVE doing it.

Yeah, we all have the TIME to screw around and try and make the green idiots happy.

Go look up peak oil and see how much these so called “environmentalists” lie to control you.

Im not playing that game.

Do your solar and ride your bike and take the bus all you want. That’s your choice.

My choice is to make my carbon footprint as big as I can. And LOVE doing it.
99% of my reasoning was to save dollars, not the environment,
I run heat and/or AC at what ever temp feels good. with no concern for the $$ it costs.
so the $$ I save, can buy more car parts,
sad you are so biased, you cannot see the reasoning behind solar.

99% of my reasoning was to save dollars, not the environment,
I run heat and/or AC at what ever temp feels good. with no concern for the $$ it costs.
so the $$ I save, can buy more car parts,
sad you are so biased, you cannot see the reasoning behind solar.

Biased? I’ve done the homework. You are fooled.

Onto the ignore list you go.

I don’t object to you buying owning servicing any product. I object to all the”SOLYNDRA’s that we must pay for because without tax money paid from forced taxes you could not afford your panels.

under $25,

View attachment 1716056950
You bring that up here, where we have actual cloudy days and actual winter, and try to sell me that nonsense

It's JUST like someone earlier mentioned.........if it was so good, it'd be everywhere. Without tax credits it does not work. And "payback" is a *****.

As I've stated several times before-

I'd be interested in a self contained system that heats my water.

That would cause the second most expensive household appliance to operate to be "free".

It would also not be connected to "the grid" to worry about regulations and compliance, etc.

..and if the solar failed to heat the water to the proper temp, the electric elements would still be installed and connected.
The solar panels would just basically keep them from operating 90% of the time.

-
Back