Sold my car...this sux

-

340john

Reaction score
Well, I don't know how much more I can take. I have been out of work for eight months since the dealership I was working for closed. My wife was forced to take a pay cut...but at least she was able to keep her job. I have been doing whatever I can to make ends meet. I have been collecting NOS parts for my '70 340 Swinger since the early '90's and they have all been sold...some FABO members got some great deals. I Sold my 1 of 9 1967 Mustang GT hardtop, 390 4 speed, 4.11 traction lock, documented by a Marti report. Then after doing everything else I could thing of, I just sold my 1934 Ford 3 window coupe. I spent 2 years building this all steal beauty myself. Mustang II front end, 302, auto, 8 inch rear, p/s, p/b...I feel like crying. All I have left is my Swinger, which at this point is nothing more than a project car. I fear this might have to go too. I wouldn't wish this on my wosrt enemy.

my34.jpg

Good luck John, sorry you have to sell your cars. I have been selling parts too, trying to hold off on selling the stuff I need for our 70 Darts in the future. I have been selling the stuff I really like, but don't need now. I will be selling my 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT soon, and maybe something else. Times are tough, I get really attached to my cars and don't want to sell any of them, but I have a family and they come first, I can always get more parts or a different car again in the future.

Reading that is enough to make me cry, that's terrible. I hope something comes up for you soon, this unemployment nightmare that so many are going through is heartbreaking :angry7:

Sorry to hear hard times are hitting you hard to, You sure had some nice cars 340John.
I hope and pray things get better soon for you and many other members hear. Hold your chin up and hope for the best.

Sorry to hear of your sales.It sucks to put many hours and cash,then to sell.I,m hoping with the Auto industry back up and running,jobs should be popping back up after the summer.

Sorry to hear this news 340john. Times are tough for a lot of people right now, and they could get worse before this is all over. I went through the same thing in the 1980/81 "downturn". About the only thing I managed to keep was the 66 Valiant, and even that was a tough decision, although at that time, she really wasn't worth anything, cause you couldn't give a car or truck away at that time. It took several years, but I eventually found a different job and things have been going well ever since. Keep the faith bud, even thought it seems like you're at your wit's ends most days. There's only two ways to go from here, sideways, or up. :)

Man, hate to hear this. You had to sell some nice cars. The economy is a total disaster. In fact, the severity of it is still being downplayed.

I'm not in any real danger yet since I'm on Comp from a work injury. I am behind on payments, and will be for awhile. Many people are struggling. It bites.:angry7:

That does suck, but at least you were able to find buyers in this market.

I guess you can take that as a glimmer of hope for this economy that some are still buying.
I wish someone would buy my 71 swinger that I can't seem to sell.

I would sell my barracuda if the price was right.

No love lost when it comes to providing for the family.

Sorry to hear about your losses. I certainly applaud you and your wife for pulling together in these hard times. I remember the cars and parts i sold to keep it going, then i had a house fire at my brother's place that took all of my good and N.O.S. parts that i had left.
I still remind myself that they are just cars and parts.
More will come your way when times get better. I eventually had to move for steady work and haven't regretted it since....
Good luck,
Tom.

Thank you guys. I have been holding off telling you all because I know everyone has their own problems, but I feel like I am coming to the end of my rope. When I read the post the other day about donating to Adam, I really wanted to, but there is no way I can, I feel really bad about that. I know my Dart will have to be sold too, and when I think about he 23 years that I have had her it makes me sick.

Hang in there bro. I wanted to help Adam too, but I'm bouncing payments right now.

About ten years ago I sold my first car, a 73 Challenger. I was in bad financial shape. That was real tough, I thought I'd pass it down to my son when I kicked the bucket.

My financial situation changed a couple years ago, and I bought a car I like even more, my 69 Cuda.

Things can, and will turn around for you. It's the here, and now that sucks.

sorry to hear of you selling your car,I get attached to them too,I guess we are all in the same boat.

Try extending your search for employment further out from where you live now. I know of several people who have found decent jobs but have to commute a little further. Good luck!

I know of a lot of techs that are out of work right now, strange though I've been having some of my best weeks ever even though our dealer is on the list to be closed by Chrysler. We sell Hyundais too and that's what I've been mostly working on for the past 4 years. Our business is very good, selling cars and service too.

I wish you the best of luck.

Hang in there John. Sorry to here of the trouble you are having. Hope things come around for you soon and you don't have to sell your Dart.

Good luck to you.
Russell

Thank you guys. I have been holding off telling you all because I know everyone has their own problems, but I feel like I am coming to the end of my rope. When I read the post the other day about donating to Adam, I really wanted to, but there is no way I can, I feel really bad about that. I know my Dart will have to be sold too, and when I think about he 23 years that I have had her it makes me sick.

i feel your pain very much john. i too have been quiet about what is going on with me and the wife. dmoore and maybe 1 other know what is going on w/ me and the wife. i lost my job july 1st of 08 and have been looking since. the wife worked for wachovia securities and she was on the verge of loseing her job as well when they went under. she was do to be gone this past march , but got saved at the last min. by wells fargo. but don't know for how long her new job will last, might only be temporary. i have had to sell my truck and some parts along the way. the polara we have might be next on the block to go . my wifes mother died last sept, and left us some money, but that is now about gone as well. our marriage has been strained to about the breaking point as well. it is very hard to look up when everything points down........hang in there brother.

Sorry to hear buddy. The economy is shitting on all of us. Hope it gets better for you. I wake up happy everyday that I still have a job and I show up working hard to keep it because I know too many people that cannot find a job right now.
Hope your luck gets better

Hell, I'm in the same boat. I've been even consittering selling things I'd NEVER sell as well. I've been laid off for about 5-6 months now. Hang in there.

3 months unemployed for me and just getting by by the skin of my teeth. I hope things work out for you and please understand that you are not alone.

-
Back