Solid cam?

-

Kevin D.

Reaction score
Do you think that you could run a .540 solid lift cam with a fresh complete 70 340 complete with trw replacement pistons 10 1/2 comp. thanks Kevin.

Depends more on duration and design than just lift, but you should have plenty of room.

And have the correct pushrod length and springs to handle the cam lift.

I'm thinking the valve guides might have to shortened also.

its not about just the cam ..... it needs to be about the whole combination .... an 10.5 to one not all that much compression ....

Going from hydraulic to solid? If so you must change rocker arms and all don't you?

But not as big as a valve slamming into a piston...

This thread is funny……

Everyday someone gives a little more info.

I say in about a month we should have a very detailed description of how to convert to a solid lifter cam.

One……..short……….post……..at………a………..time.

lol

This thread is funny……

I say in about a month we should have a very detailed description of how to convert to a solid lifter cam.

lol

converting to a solid lifter cam is not brain surgery...

get a solid cam and lifter...buy the matching spring as recommended by cam manufacturer..

make sure your cylinder heads will work with the spring...might have to machine the inner seats on heads.....make sure your retainers will work with the springs...

you will need adjustable rocker arms..and the correct length pushrods ....the lifter plungers are lower in the lifter then the hydraulic lifters....the reason for longer pushrods...

install cam....degree cam....check the valve to piston clearance in the overlap period of the camshaft...do a search on google....probably find some good info....

unless you need the info spoon fed to you....

This thread is funny……

lol
Thats why i love this site lotsa help. Whole lotta good info. Whole lot of wise guys not unlike me,Thanks Kevin.

-
Back