Solid roller lifters for LA type head

-
I put Bamm lifters in mine this time. I’ve had them on a shelf for well over five years. I ran comp lifters for years with the usual roller lifter issues. (Everything has a lifetime range) That was till the tie bar on one broke destroying a stock stock 6.54 engine. I bought a new lifter so I haven’t totally given up on Comp but I will be looking at them closely if I ever do run them.

I run Bam 2019-16 solid roller with a .180 offset built in. I run them with the Indy heads. I believe Hughes engines still sells them.
Only had one issue with them but it was my stupidity.

What will be the BAM part number to look at?

I will be running the following Lunati cam..

Lunati Drag Race Camshaft Lifter Kit 40200913LKLUN Solid Roller SB Chrysler

As you can see, you can purchase roller solid lifters from Lunati as well.

Which brand of solid roller lifters do you recommend? Or do you have experience with the Lunati solid roller lifters?
I have the one step down street solid roller for my 6 pack 360.
Voodoo Solid Roller Cam - Chrysler 273-360 279/285
I have regular non off set BAMM roller lifters.
.750 wheel. Big would be better. Search around, make the call.
IMG_0880.jpeg

I really like the bamm lifters also. If your running any w type head, or indy with offset rockers, I like the offset pushrod seat option

I'll be runninh Indy 360-1 heads

Oh! The Indy 360-1, off set rockers, skip my lifters, no good for you.

You can also use hyd lifters, if these are cheaper, easier to get or you have a set. You need to remove the valving under the inner piston & shim it to convert to solid operation. There is thread on this in this section.

I don’t believe the lower level BAM lifters with the .750” wheels are still available for Mopars.

Also, they just recently had a price increase.

Did they increase the wheel size or just discontinued them?

There doesn’t appear to be any “1xxx” part numbers in the last two price sheets, so I’d say that series of lifters have been phased out.

My issue was a stupidity error. Some reason all the offset lifters were on the left and i had no right offsets. When i flipped the lifters on the link bars i had all the correct lifters.
Lesson... don't be stupid!

You do not have to run the offset lifter with the 360-1 heads, (w2 style) but it does straighten the pushrod and the theory is to take some of the side loading off the rockers

Straighter pushrod, less rocker side loading, win win!

My issue was a stupidity error. Some reason all the offset lifters were on the left and i had no right offsets. When i flipped the lifters on the link bars i had all the correct lifters.
Lesson... don't be stupid!

You do not have to run the offset lifter with the 360-1 heads, (w2 style) but it does straighten the pushrod and the theory is to take some of the side loading off the rockers
I will go for them...

Hughes doesn't have them in stock, any other place I can get them?

The offset type 2019-16, appears difficult to find, as well I received feedback from a speedshop in Michigan that they are hard on the parts ?

What would you recommend? Use the off set type or not mandatory?

-
Back