Solid roller lifters

-

dartlove

Reaction score
In search of others thoughts on lifters.
As my big block build progresses I am now in a search mode for the proper lifters to go with this. As said in the past,
383/496 molnar crank 4.25 stroke, 6.535 rods, Trick flow 270's , indy intake
Roller cam custom grind. Any HELPFUL tips or advise welcome.

Thanks. Looked them up. Pretty nice. Doesn't seem like there are many options for aftermarket roller lifters. Most of what I have seen were from comp cams. Haven't seen really any reviews on Bam lifters. How are they as far as durability/ reliability?

Anyone know who made the ones MRL used to sell? I have a set of solid rollers in my 505.
BAMM
Thanks. Looked them up. Pretty nice. Doesn't seem like there are many options for aftermarket roller lifters. Most of what I have seen were from comp cams. Haven't seen really any reviews on Bam lifters. How are they as far as durability/ reliability?
Absoulutley fine.
I'm looking at the Isky Red Zones, bushed. Andrew
Another excellent choice.

As my big block build progresses I am now in a search mode for the proper lifters to go with this. As said in the past,

I went with the bushed, Indy Redzone's. They were not cheap at over $1200 for the set, but there are none better. Street use with longer idle and low rpm use are hard on them. Cam selection with gentler ramps helps too.

Pressurized axle oiling on the solid bushing at least gives them a fighting chance to survive. Any bushing wear will show up at lash checks where needle bearings give you virtually no warning and then go away.

Crower Lifters are hands down the bar that all other lifters are measured by. Bushed lifter 66233E-16 $1022.22 and for Needles 66233h-16 $708.79. These prices are "FABO" only. Both of these are high pressure oiled and both have push rod oiling, if you want that later on. Also these are rebuild able.

Last edited:
What about small block pn and FABO pricing?

Crane ultra pro's are the best i have seen..... part # 69550-16 for small block
Ran a set for 7 years on a stout stroker with a 273/280@ 50 roller. Saw some street duty and tons of 7500 rpm laps.
If they are available, i wouldnt think of running anything else.
I bought them on the recommendation of Best Machine racing engines

Well, think I am going with comp cams bushed roller. Right around $1000 from summit.

I ran Crower Solid rollers on my 440-6 70 Charger. Only 1 failure but Dave took care of it pronto... I was very happy with performance and service.

Those were the days when the owners would answer the phone and field questions/issues....

Crane ultra pro's are the best i have seen..... part # 69550-16 for small block
Ran a set for 7 years on a stout stroker with a 273/280@ 50 roller. Saw some street duty and tons of 7500 rpm laps.
If they are available, i wouldnt think of running anything else.
I bought them on the recommendation of Best Machine racing engines

Ha ha ha ha Ask Pete at Best Machine who makes all his custom mopar lifters for him. He calls Crower and me personally to get these done.

Ha ha ha ha Ask Pete at Best Machine who makes all his custom mopar lifters for him. He calls Crower and me personally to get these done.

Pete wasnt even there when they built my 422

Never used Crower, they are i am sure great. But the Crane ultra pro's are excellent pieces, and Chuck at Best recommended them. Sounds like there are a couple of excellent choices

Last edited:
Small block engine fans!
FYI;
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-69550-16/overview/
OR
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-69542-16/overview/
(Lifter Valley work required as per Crane. IDK what is involved.)

B/RB engine fans!
FYI;
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/crn-69550-16
Summits sales pitch. ?? Wonder how many companies are actually making lifters, I`d almost bet there aren`t very many. Probably 2-3 making everybodies, much like motor oil coming out of refineries.

This may be a dumb question, but, how much valve spring pressure and what kind of service are you subjecting them to?

Around 550 open . Strictly race. That is also only a few races a season. If the math is correct around 720hp. 13:1 comp

Man, I wouldn't spend a zillion bucks for something that easy on the valve train. The Comp Cams 829-16 lifters for $491 will work fine.

Summits sales pitch. ?? Wonder how many companies are actually making lifters,
LOL, well, they do have a good description side bar so you can get decent information on something your looking at. AND, good question on lifter manufacturers.
This may be a dumb question, but, how much valve spring pressure and what kind of service are you subjecting them to?
Excellent question!

-
Back