Some amazing metal work

-
I think "amazing" is a little bit over the top of a choice of words.....I didn't really see anything amazing about his metal work......I see he had money to go by new panels and install them. I seen the word Amazing and was expecting an flawless weld job and possibly even hand molded body panels or something......all I seen is the same thing i see guys on fabo doing all day long....take a look around,theres guys doing the same stuff.....don't get me wrong....looks like the guy was doing it right for the most part.....but take the time posting up threads on fellow FABOers doing the same thing instead of scrolling the chevy forums ...trader.....lol j/k.

I think "amazing" is a little bit over the top of a choice of words.....I didn't really see anything amazing about his metal work......I see he had money to go by new panels and install them. I seen the word Amazing and was expecting an flawless weld job and possibly even hand molded body panels or something......all I seen is the same thing i see guys on fabo doing all day long....take a look around,theres guys doing the same stuff.....don't get me wrong....looks like the guy was doing it right for the most part.....but take the time posting up threads on fellow FABOers doing the same thing instead of scrolling the chevy forums ...trader.....lol j/k.

Why thank you, you must be talking about my work. :cheers: LOL

True, theres some heavy duty work going on here at FABO, this Chevy guy is going into a super big project, like members here as well.

Hats off to anyone jumping into tis kind of nightmare project.

True, theres some heavy duty work going on here at FABO, this Chevy guy is going into a super big project, like members here as well.

Hats off to anyone jumping into tis kind of nightmare project.

Very much hat's off, as you put it, be it Chubby, Mopar, Furd, or whatever. The first thing that came to my mind when I looked was that it must be nice to open a catalog and order any part your car needs, though.

i have to agree, dont get me wrong its alot of work to get those crappy pannels well the ones for mopars to fit lol but yea all he was doing is buying pannels and just bolting/welding them in, not a lil of custom stuff, hell if half the pannels on that car were mopars ha no buying those, which is sad since most of those cars wont be fixed.

now the 4 to 2 door wow holy cow thats gotta be alot of work

As an amateur bodyman I find it fascinating when someone takes on a job of this size be it mopar, ford, or chevy. I have installed a quarter panel before and it takes a tremendous amount of work to get it to fit correctly. I can't imagine the work involved in lining up rear framerails. I guess to some of you guys that would be easly as changing spark plugs.
I can't help but wonder how many mopars have been parted out and crushed that had better bodies then this camaro. I thought you guys would enjoy seeing this metal work. I guess not.

. I thought you guys would enjoy seeing this metal work. I guess not.

No, don't get me wrong. Anyone who wants to take on a project like this, no matter what the brand, is taking on a handful. What I was pointing out is the availability of panels. Take a look at the '57 Chevy in my avatar. Open a catalog and just about anything you want is available. The '57 Chrysler I have sitting in storage, now that's different: to bring it back to life in the same condition and standards as the Chevy is going to be all good used (yeah, right!) and handfabbed.

One of the reasons I am a part of and follow many of the builds on pro-touring.com is because of the metal and fab work those guys do. Many professional builders part of that site and display their work as well as the backyard guy that somehow brings things back to life that I would never even think about attempting. Seeing what the fellow backyard guy can do is part of my motivation for building what I want instead of doing a resto...

-
Back