Some Excited!

-

demon700

Reaction score
Just dropped the Demon off at the body shop to get her ready for paint. It was a nerve-racking drive to the shop. I live about 20 minutes away, and have no inspection, license, insurance, or even seatbelts on the car, but all said and done, the car is there, I am home, and I still have a license! Should be back in about 10 days!!!

LOL, no stress...;
Do you not have 10 days trip permit on the East coast?
Or maybe take a car for a test drive, and switch the dealer plates when you are ready to go get it.

Congrat's demon700 =D> This will be the longest 10 days you have ever had to wait for. Glad all went well :toothy8:

Just dropped the Demon off at the body shop to get her ready for paint. It was a nerve-racking drive to the shop. I live about 20 minutes away, and have no inspection, license, insurance, or even seatbelts on the car, but all said and done, the car is there, I am home, and I still have a license! Should be back in about 10 days!!!
Taking your chances!You should of atleast have a licence?Some mighty hefty fines for no insurance!Advise...Tow it home!

GREAT! You will no doubt be at the Atlantic Nats with us, RIGHT?...ask Jack about it , he and the Demon will attend..........along with other FABO maritimers.

Taking your chances!You should of atleast have a licence?Some mighty hefty fines for no insurance!Advise...Tow it home!
demon700 slid by this time =D> But a ticket would cost more then a tow =D>

Big time for that one, one hell of a fine! Glad you made it can't wait to see the results. You may want to hook up with someone who has a dealer plate for the return drive!

I have a set of plates on it that i picked up when i licensed it. I know i snuck by this time, and I will hopefully have it licensed for the trip home (have a stick and slip coming next week) i was caught once before in a jalopy we built when i was in high school. Was lucky then to because the cop only gave me 168 dollars, but tallyed up about 3500 dollars that i could have gotten. Stupid is as stupid does.....and my mother loves saying I told you so. LOL

Big time for that one, one hell of a fine! Glad you made it can't wait to see the results. You may want to hook up with someone who has a dealer plate for the return drive!

On your toes today! Good one.=D>

I'm in saint john, but grew up in st martins, where believe it or not, is where i got pulled over. I managed to pick the one day of the year a cop ventures out that far.lol.

Body is taking a little longer then estimated, but i think its comming good.

Here is a before quarter:

Quarter pass 2.JPG

Quarter pass3.JPG

and here it is as of tonight.....

pass side prime 1.JPG

quarter prime 1.JPG

Should be done by mid week, all primed with a coat of base just to pass inspection and get it licensed, then once i build a friggin deck ( she says she'll leave me if i let it go any longer:mumum: ) then I am going to take it back to get it re-painted base-clear. Sticking with the original GY8 Poly Gold.
Should be fun!

Quarter pass 2.JPG

Quarter pass3.JPG

pass side prime 1.JPG

quarter prime 1.JPG

Well it looks like the snows melted of the tires?And she,s coming along,looks good and just on time for spring!Keep it up,get er tagged!

Finally got it back, took a little longer then expected, but its home. Body work is all done and body is primed. Now to pick a paint, was going to go original gold...but the black base covering the primer has me thinking otherwise....myabe black, or a charcoal...anyways, here she is today..

drivers quarter prime.jpg

I know the dual exhaust and goofy scoop are terrible considering its a slant 6, but I didn't do it! Just throwing that out there...
from deck.jpg

from deck.jpg

drivers quarter prime.jpg

i would stick with the gold and black stripes. for black the body has to be done perfect or it will show every flaw in there.

Glad you got it this far 700.
I agree with 7demon2 :happy10:, And I would add that the Demon will look allot better then you think back the original color with stripes. Just me.=P~
Proud to see you have allot of work behind you.:cheers:

My vote would be for the original gold color as stated black is a bizatch to keep clean and the panels must be perfectly straight of the mirror of black will make it show.

I think charcoal grey irid with black stripes would look good!If you had a scoop that attaches from the inside of the scoop,instead of the outside.It would suit the car!Good luck with whatever you decide!I hate bodywork,so your lucky that,s behind you!

The gun metal gray with the black stripes and scoop would look hot, but the original paint scheme and stripes look awesome as well. Make a choice you can live with, it's your expense!

I was always a big charcoal fan, but we'll see what happens. I have a 360 and an 8 3/4 in the garage, just looking for a transmission before i rip everything out. The scoop has got to go, it takes up the entire hood, but the clown that put it on cut out all the hood braces, so I can't even put a smaller one on. I need a whole new hood. Anyhoo, the hardest part is finished, everything else I can tackle on my own. I'll let ya's know when I pick a colour.

-
Back