Some good racing news

-
We are really excited and relieved to have heard this!
I have been racing there for 60 years.

Last month it sounded like it was a goner!
To be replace by low-income housing for all
the Gang Bangers in Pomona area!

It would have also been the end of the famous Pomona
Swap Meets every month and the LA Country Fair which
I have gone to for 70+ years. Plus many other uses for the
property which are important to the area.

I live near Firebird in Idaho and I worry about all the new construction going on nearby. You would think they wouldn't have any say over it but you know how that goes.

It's nice having a dragstrip five miles away. It would be even nicer if I could use it , like I used to. I could give a s#!t about the nhra since they stabbed us street legal racers in the back, and killed the program at Pomona, so they could placate the noise complainers, and have their 50th anniversary celebration there.
If I had to pay to see a race at Pomona, the nhra would never see me again.

Last edited:
33IMP gets it….. it a brain dead drag strip on life support that blinks twice a year. I’ve lived 4hrs from there for 25 years and no events a lowly bracket guy could ever attend. I was actually hoping they’d put “mandated” affordable housing there. That would be sweet revenge for the neighbors that killed it.

They used to have Good guys events there occasionally, but even those have completely gone away.
Pretty sure that to get a long term lease ( it WAS thru 2028 BEFORE this extension) they made a deal with the noise complainers, (who have NO RIGHT to complain, unless they were there before the track was, maybe 1960?) that there would only be the two national events.
Without the long term lease, how much sense did it make to invest millions into new luxury suites and seating?

Personally I’d a LOVED if In-N-Out would have approached Famoso and supported their track AND funded a national event there! Sure parking would be a **** show but that track would handle anything that’s thrown at it. a guy can dream!!

Personally I’d a LOVED if In-N-Out would have approached Famoso and supported their track AND funded a national event there! Sure parking would be a **** show but that track would handle anything that’s thrown at it. a guy can dream!!
Or, how about Fontana? Apparently AAA didn't care there either, even though their NAME was on the strip, and the Fontana strip went away. I still don't know why really......

-
Back