Some stuff from the production line...

-
Im just guessing here but it seems the technology is advancing so rapidly you soon will be able to scan and 3d print anything
All of my prints are from Reverse Engineered original parts using measurements and photographs.

No scanning for me.

For me scanning is on par with a good photograph. As long as I know a few key dimensions, good streight on photos, give me 90% of the info I need.

From there form, fit and function tests

(The 318 badges were designed by me but printed and finished by @j_anderson )
318 Version 1.jpg

318 Version 2.jpg

Backup Lights.jpg

Dust Cover Mount.jpg

Fan Shroud.jpg

misc small parts.jpg

excellent work! Don't forget about the marker light welts you also drew up for me
I never took a photo of the finished
full one, just the structure that supported it :rolleyes:

I am planning on getting a new printer that can print a full-sized welt flat on the build plate !

I specialize in one off parts.

If it is something that I might be able to commercialize in the future my CAD work is free.

Just came across this tonight. Thought it was worth sharing for the oddity of seeing how things were produced back when our cars were built.

How did you digitize these parts?

@Dana67Dart
I'm always getting new tech ads on my feeds, this is a stock going places with new software that may interest you,
Hope it helps, cheers.

Last edited:
@j_anderson @Dana67Dart

We just got my 12 y/o boys Ender 3 S1 Pro up and running. Been cruising thingiverse for “Mopar” and “Duster”. Very cool stuff.
I am now looking at investing in a resin printer, lol.

I am now looking at investing in a resin printer, lol
Once you get your resin printer you will never go back.

I hope there will come a time when the materials are production quality.

The output quality is amazing.

BTW get the largest platform you can afford.

-
Back