Some TrickFlow curiosity work

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had gotten some new cutters since I last touched my TrickFlow heads. This week I had a rear molar pulled and my knees were both hurting bad this week. So tonight before I switched my valve seat cutter from cutting a 2.08 valve to a 2.055 valve i bolted down a TrickFlow head and cut a 2.08 seat. Then I switched it to a 2.055 and cut another seat next to it. Now on my next personal work on my stuff day I will
Port each one and get some numbers. Both 30 degree cuts are in the chamber and will be blended in during my chamber work.

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

You're gonna want a steeper top cut eventually.....Also too much chatter for my liking, finish with a stone. J.Rob

Will be interesting to see how much difference there will be in the sizes

Keep them coming, those that critique your work can go pound sand.
Don't let the chatter stop you.

Sometimes I post pictures and share info I shouldn’t and this was probably a good case of that

I love the stuff you post. I was confused as I thought you bought a S&G machine and were using that for valve seat work.

My question wasn’t a critique. I thought you had changed processes

Looking forward to see what the valve change does to the flow over 0.500” and your port work does to the turbulence.

Looking forward to see what the valve change does to the flow over 0.500” and your port work does to the turbulence.

Not sure when I’ll get to it. I’m so far behind over here and I have a big weekend race in three weeks.

curious to see what you can do with the Trick Flows, I know they will be good, thanks for what you do here.

curious to see what you can do with the Trick Flows, I know they will be good, thanks for what you do here.

Like Bill said he’s pleased with the numbers but it’s a shame you have to get 20-25cfm out of some of these ports just to get TrickFlows advertised numbers. I expected more out of TrickFlow.

Like Bill said he’s pleased with the numbers but it’s a shame you have to get 20-25cfm out of some of these ports just to get TrickFlows advertised numbers. I expected more out of TrickFlow.
You might find this abnormality Eric found while flowing trick flows interesting.

No this is a different issue but thanks.
I didn't mean that it had anything do with the discrepancy in flow numbers, I just thought you might find it interesting since your working on those heads.

Last edited:
I didn't mean that it had anything do with the discrepancy in flow numbers, I just thought you might find it interesting since your working on those heads.

Look at bill’s numbers above and you will see exactly the same thing happened to his heads as happened to my heads at .500. My one port calmed down a little bit then maxed out at 290cfm. The other port sounded like a garbage disposal and could do nothing but nosedive. And the very first port I flowed was almost exactly like their advertised numbers maxing out at 301. I would like to see the numbers from above on the Seinze bench (309) backed up on his other bench. It’s a 5-8 minute fix to bring these numbers up to the 303 area but it’s a shame someone spends good money for a cnc head that has been machine ported and have to be FIXED. If it was just 5-10 cfm like my one port ok. But how many of the 8 are trashed.

Here he does a fully review of the sbm trickflow heads, he goes over the flow numbers about 9-10 minutes into the video.

Here he does a fully review of the sbm trickflow heads, he goes over the flow numbers about 9-10 minutes into the video.

I saw that as well. One thing to note (not that it matters) but he is a Trick Flow dealer. I would like to see an unbiased review from someone like PBR.... *hint hint*

I saw that as well. One thing to note (not that it matters) but he is a Trick Flow dealer. I would like to see an unbiased review from someone like PBR.... *hint hint*
True, I’m not saying his numbers are the only ones to go by, I’m just a believer, generally the more info the better.

True, I’m not saying his numbers are the only ones to go by, I’m just a believer, generally the more info the better.
I have my own set of numbers that I will validate at the track. I agree with you though on the more info we have the better. I just wish we had more info on these heads…, lol

-
Back