Some very old Pro stock racing vid.

-
back to the 60's in 1967 I finished building Tenora dragways in Comstock Wis.opened the track that yr I just completed a build on a 1967 442 that won the NHRA points meet at minn. dragways that yr. and was runner up in stock eliminater. A YR OR 2 LATER W. J. WAS RUNNING A SUPER STOCK AUTO MOPAR. HE HELD THE NHRA REC. HE CAME UP TO MY TRACK ONE WEEK END SET TRACK REC. WONE HIS CLASS AND ELIM. BRKT. WE HAD A SPECIAL EVENT AT END OF RACE. IF YOU WANTED TO RUN OFF NHRA NATIONAL RECORDES, YOU COULD RUN AGAINST MY WIFE DRIVING MY 442 OFF NAT. REC. FOR A EXTRA $100.00 W. J. TOOK THE CHANCE . LINDA A 5 FT 2. 92 LB. DOLL . TOOK HIM ON AND BEAT HIM. THEN THE REAL W. J. CAME BACK AND SCREAMED NO GIRL COULD BEET HIM! IT WAS A SETUP, BUT HIS FRIEND WAS IN TOWER WHEN HANDICAP WAS SET . THEN HE WENT TO SAY I' NEVER RACE HERE AGIN. A LOT OF 4 LETTER WORDS, WHAT A UNSPORTSMAN LIKE ATTIUDE. WE TOLD HIM HE WAS NOTE WELCOME TO EVER COME BACK . THE CHILD IS A JOKE , AND HE STILL LIKE THAT. JUST WATCH THE LITTLE BOY WHEN RUNS AWAY FROM INTERVIEWS WHEN HE LOSES. THIS TO YOU W.J. :butthead: HE NEEDS TO GO BACK TO MOPAR HE MIGHT WIN MORE OFTEN

I agree, both WJ and KJ are tits and always have been/always will be. It's got nothing to do with the G.M. stuff that they are running now at all .....who cares?..... it's attitude and fan gratitude. I always liked Bob and Etta Glidden though, they were a class act through all of the years of Ford and the Arrow pro stocks. Pro stock is still my favorite to this day. I went to a lot of national N.H.R.A.events '74 to date.
Thanks for sharing.
Tom.

Great stories Flboatman1 and Tarr! I've been lucky enough to win a couple races over the years, but the stories from trips to the track are better than the wins!

-
Back