Someone local in Pa please buy this

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1972 360. Hmmmmm should be a good one. If I had a stock crank build upcoming even though it’s more that I usually pay I would probably grab it. The bolt on stuff has to be worth something.

IMG_1400.jpeg

IMG_1401.jpeg

IMG_1402.jpeg

Might be one of those -3 motors possibly

Is it still available?

Shame on fb for making that the default automatic question.

That's a 100% red scam flag on other platforms.

Is it still available?

Shame on fb for making that the default automatic question.

That's a 100% red scam flag on other platforms.

You can backspace that and Wright in a question. But for many it opens the line of communication.

No Fecesbook, where is this exactly?
Early unit, 2245 Holley carb, hmmm

I would buy that in a second if I didn’t have as many blocks as I have but I have a sickness
I agree the pirice is right. I have a line on a 318 also that i could get for next to nothing but I dont want it sitting around. I suppose with either you buy em hang on to em a while then sell for profit. The LA engines wills start drying up eventually especially ones that havent been overbored yet.

I agree the pirice is right. I have a line on a 318 also that i could get for next to nothing but I dont want it sitting around. I suppose with either you buy em hang on to em a while then sell for profit. The LA engines wills start drying up eventually especially ones that havent been overbored yet.

That’s the only thing that has saved me is I never liked 318’s and have turned them down for free. I also sold my last stock 440 block for 40.00 that was a 66 or 67 HP block and some idiot tore the engine out with a hylift and ripped the engine mount off. Friend I sold it to is having it welded and using it in a race car. Could have made some collector a nice block.

That’s the only thing that has saved me is I never liked 318’s and have turned them down for free. I also sold my last stock 440 block for 40.00 that was a 66 or 67 HP block and some idiot tore the engine out with a hylift and
Same here about 318s I know Ill never use it. But ill say this 400 for a 360 complete is a deal. I once had a guy deliver a 318 with a 904 trans to my garage everything complete for $40. It was gas money for his stake body LOL! But he was a big block guy hed always yank the 318s from the B bodies and put 383s in them ...thats what really went down back in the day. I just had a discussion about this me and another guy were remembering the 70s and 80s and how no one raced 318s it was usually all 383 if you were serious on the street. Its strange to me now how guys think they are proving something with 318s now that noone knew back then...:)

Last edited:
My buddy is 67 too and still building transmissions so anytime I could get a 904 or 727 big or small block for 40.00 or anything reasonable I would grab it for him

My buddy is 67 too and still building transmissions so anytime I could get a 904 or 727 big or small block for 40.00 or anything reasonable I would grab it for him
Yea I've gotten a few "free or cheap" 318s and 360s over the years, back in the day 383 was the way to go. I was the dummy playing with small blocks but the adventure lead me to the 340 so no regrets LOL! I do beleive any 318 guy will eventually end up with a 340-360 thats the only natural way to go short of going big block IMO.

PBR wat is teh best deal on aluminum heads that accept stock rocker shafts? I have a set if js with 1.88s ready to go but want 2.02s for my 340 . My 2.02 Js need work.

PBR wat is teh best deal on aluminum heads that accept stock rocker shafts? I have a set if js with 1.88s ready to go but want 2.02s for my 340 . My 2.02 Js need work.

You just missed the Black Friday 40% off Speedmaster sale. Two heads with hydronic roller springs shipped for 733.00.

You just missed the Black Friday 40% off Speedmaster sale. Two heads with hydronic roller springs shipped for 733.00.
Good to know Ill be on the lookout ThX. I figure Ill spend that getting my 2.02 Js rebuilt or 80% o fthat. I have a 340 with the early bottom end that I know will run with 1.88s but cant bring myself to do it (run 360 heads on a 340)...:)

Good to know Ill be on the lookout ThX. I figure Ill spend that getting my 2.02 Js rebuilt or 80% o fthat. I have a 340 with the early bottom end that I know will run with 1.88s but cant bring myself to do it (run 360 heads on a 340)...:)

Lots of reading on Speedmaster heads in the sticky in the small block area.

Well I pulled the plug on buying this engine. I was supposed to go look at it tomorrow (Saturday) but told him I just couldn’t do it now. I need it like I need another hole in my head and wised up at the last minute. If it was summer and I was rich with lots of time on my hands it would be here already and I would be trying to sell off a few parts.

-
Back