Someone please help me

-
You are wasting time with the 4 pin ballast. That box is a 4 pin box and it only needs a 2 terminal resistor. The fact is, unless you run into some "new old stock," you cannot BUY a 5 pin box. The fact that the box actually has 5 pins is meaningless. The 5th pin is not connected, a dummy. The only way to tell a fake 5 pin from a real 5 pin is to ohm the "5th" pin to all the rest.

HOW DO I KNOW for certain that this is a 4 pin box? Because the transistor on the box is fake.

HOW DO you tell for sure? easy. With engine running, touch one finger to the ECU box (not the heat sink) and another finger to the transistor. If you don't get shocked, wet one finger and try again. You won't. It's fake. The real transistor on the newer replacement boxes is inside the box
Thanks for refreshing my memory, and I agree completely! I’ve been stuck in the five pin past because the last four or so I’ve been in on getting running again have been seventies (and some early eighties) trucks with original Chrysler ECUs. And I would not be surprised if some of those aren’t 4 pin in disguise. But it does make me wonder why they didn’t eliminate the fake transistor on the newer four pin setups.

Last edited:

First, I want to say I like the project, and hang in there you'll get it figured out. There is a lot of good help here on FABO.

Second, I was looking at your pictures, and I do not see any kick down linkage on the carb. Your 727 will not last long without it unless you have a manual valvebody.

This will need corrected before driving. I'm an old fart, so maybe I just don't see it. If you don't have it, or the original linkage won't fit the mustang, you can use a cable setup.

First, I want to say I like the project, and hang in there you'll get it figured out. There is a lot of good help here on FABO.

Second, I was looking at your pictures, and I do not see any kick down linkage on the carb. Your 727 will not last long without it unless you have a manual valvebody.

This will need corrected before driving. I'm an old fart, so maybe I just don't see it. If you don't have it, or the original linkage won't fit the mustang, you can use a cable setup.
Would this cause the transmission to slip? Haven't driven it alot tho. 5k+ gets me like 20 mph lol

-
Back