Something Radical

-

xempirex

Reaction score
While my Valiant sits in the garage doing nothing I thought of something crazy. Cut the top off and make a convertable.
I'm thinking pop the back glass out, cut the roof, take the glass out of the doors and cut it all down. Sounds easy enough but the main concern is structural rigidity. I'm pretty sure I lose a lot of it so how do I counter that? Is it even possible? Once done there would be no top created. This would simply be a "good weather" only driver. Obviously it would be unique but can it be done so that it's still safe to drive?

While my Valiant sits in the garage doing nothing I thought of something crazy. Cut the top off and make a convertable.
I'm thinking pop the back glass out, cut the roof, take the glass out of the doors and cut it all down. Sounds easy enough but the main concern is structural rigidity. I'm pretty sure I lose a lot of it so how do I counter that? Is it even possible? Once done there would be no top created. This would simply be a "good weather" only driver. Obviously it would be unique but can it be done so that it's still safe to drive?

What year of car are we working on?

I cut the roof off a Falcon and welded up the doors and took the handles off then filled it all in and painted it.
Jump in.

you could always weld up the rear doors for added strength

I'd like to keep the doors functioning if possible. That part is still up in the air. If I welded the rear doors would that fully handle my structural concerns?

might be a little bit of time but if I decide to do this there will be plenty of pics to go around

-
Back