Something you never want to see on a scan of your wife's lung

-
Hi guys. Linda came home yesterday afternoon. It's been a little rough and her attitude wasn't great last night and this morning as far as continuing the breathing rehab. I completely understand as she's been thru he!! in the last week, but it's mandatory to keep from getting pnumonia in that lung after the surgery. Well, this afternoon has been better as i finally got her in the shower, after 7 days...yikes, and she seems to be getting a little more back to her old self. A couple laughs, smiles and eager to eat some food makes me think it's gonna be ok. The wounds have 99% sealed and if there are no malfunctions, the follow up is scheduled for the 29th of Jan. We can't thank everyone enough for the prayers and support. It's definetely working so far. Hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to spend some more time here......Hey, i'm having my own withdrawal issues......lol.

sweet tell her we is all here rooting for her and not to give up .. and dont worry bout being here we aint going no wheres

Hi guys. Linda came home yesterday afternoon. It's been a little rough and her attitude wasn't great last night and this morning as far as continuing the breathing rehab. I completely understand as she's been thru he!! in the last week, but it's mandatory to keep from getting pnumonia in that lung after the surgery. Well, this afternoon has been better as i finally got her in the shower, after 7 days...yikes, and she seems to be getting a little more back to her old self. A couple laughs, smiles and eager to eat some food makes me think it's gonna be ok. The wounds have 99% sealed and if there are no malfunctions, the follow up is scheduled for the 29th of Jan. We can't thank everyone enough for the prayers and support. It's definetely working so far. Hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to spend some more time here......Hey, i'm having my own withdrawal issues......lol.

And the relief you feel must be overwhelming. Seeing her come around to her old self and seeing the wounds heal, must feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders. You'll be alright.

I gotta say, I'm writing this with a smile on my face and some bittersweet tears in my eyes, Rick. It's good to read this.

Hay Linda and Rick :hello2: wow I am so happy to see you have your wife home
and moving forward this morning :coffee2:
Keep up the breathing therapy Linda :eek:ccasion:=D>
My aunt would get dizzy doing them if it's the thing you blow in and keep a dial indicator at a certain area as you blow threw it, deep breaths and a long breath she did not like doing them ether :compress: Have Rick do a few so you can watch him :colors: Seeing this new's this morning has got
me smiling :D nothing like a smile first thing in the morning to kick start my day
Treva and I are keeping you in our prayers that this will be behind you very soon :angel3::angel3: Rick has been a great hubby I bet, doing laundry ,dishes and cooking =D> Whats for breakfast Rick :blob: :coffee2: and ??
Have a good day and thank you for keeping us updated =D>

Thanks guys. It's like some weird mood swings with her at times. Guess that can be expected.

Yes Mike, i'm doing good taking care of the day to day stuff. Some i do anyway, so it's pretty easy for me. I will keep pushing her as much as i can. Thanks to you and Treva for the support.

Robert, i know the bittersweet feelings, i have them too brother. Will be in touch.

Asa, thanks man, you got a big heart. I'll be in touch.

Thank you Bill, your a good man and we appreciate your support.

Guys, i'm just taking this evening to catch up on the site and trying to get my mind closer to normal......if i ever was normal......lol. Hoping to get Linda on here soon to see the latest posts. It really helps:thumblef:.

I have some contacts here to make, hopefully tomorrow.

Not to sound like a little girl, but i love you guys!

Sounds like everything is improving which is great. Still in our prayers.

Well ,now that she is home maybe it will be easier on both of you...
Now breathe in,now exhale...1..2...3...4...
Hey I hope she gets thru the rehab and hope you aint making many visit outside....I have been smoke free since November 27,2012 and if I had a pretty lady like Linda I would quit if I were you.
We I only seen her chest but Wow !!!

Thanks Martin. Congrats on your success. Yea, i gotta get it done too.

Thank you also David. With your guys help and support, we'll get this done :thumbrig:.

Thanks Lance. Gonna take some time tomorrow afternoon to make contact with some of you guys.......your on the list..:D.

Just found out - sorry to hear! Massive prayers sent for her speedy and complete recovery!!! Plus prayers for you too. Let her know how much we're pulling for her please. I know how much it would kill me to lose my wife!

Rick, thanks for the updates. I'm really glad to hear she's starting to come around again. I hope it's gone for good. Very relentless and unforgiving stuff. Prayers on the way!!:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Hello everyone......

Today was Linda's follow up after surgery. After a X-ray and multiple stethoscope checks, her recovery seems to be on track. What they saw and heard was a minor issue that was attributed to some scar tissue from the surgery, and that was considered normal. They still believe they got it all, but as a precaution, the're "strongly" recommending chemo in 4 treatments, 3 weeks apart, because it was near some lymph nodes and just incase there are any cells left floating around. It's her choice and they would begin Feb 25th if she decides to go forward. The concensus is that it would add a 10% greater chance of non-recural. We do have a few weeks to mull it over and will let them know when a decision is made.

I know i started this thread on a car site and i will try and scale it back at this point. To me, the great thing about our non-car conversations is that we can all learn about and get to know each other on different scale. That's what makes us family and FABO the best site on the net, imo.

Bottom line: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, from both of us for all the prayers, support and first hand knowledge that have helped get us thru this in ways you may never know. And to the members that i have been closer to, please forgive me if i seemed aloof at times. I think i'm getting a handle on things and hope to be a better friend/member to all.

Rick

Wonderful news I am so happy to hear this. Prayers continued

Wonderful news I am so happy to hear this. Prayers continued

X2, still praying! And don't feel bad the thread is non-car related, it does bring people closer and it has more of a personal feel, and the support is awesome! Again, I will keep praying for more good news and a full recovery! Thanks for the update Rick.

Hello everyone......

Today was Linda's follow up after surgery. After a X-ray and multiple stethoscope checks, her recovery seems to be on track. What they saw and heard was a minor issue that was attributed to some scar tissue from the surgery, and that was considered normal. They still believe they got it all, but as a precaution, the're "strongly" recommending chemo in 4 treatments, 3 weeks apart, because it was near some lymph nodes and just incase there are any cells left floating around. It's her choice and they would begin Feb 25th if she decides to go forward. The concensus is that it would add a 10% greater chance of non-recural. We do have a few weeks to mull it over and will let them know when a decision is made.

Good news. Thanks for the update, Rick. We're still praying for you guys.

I know i started this thread on a car site and i will try and scale it back at this point. To me, the great thing about our non-car conversations is that we can all learn about and get to know each other on different scale. That's what makes us family and FABO the best site on the net, imo.

Scale it back? Don't you dare! Yeah, it's a car site, but things like what you're going through help to remind us that car issues and the hobby itself has it's place.

And, dare I say it, that happens to be on the low end of the spectrum in situations like Linda's and your's.

said:
Bottom line: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, from both of us for all the prayers, support and first hand knowledge that have helped get us thru this in ways you may never know. And to the members that i have been closer to, please forgive me if i seemed aloof at times. I think i'm getting a handle on things and hope to be a better friend/member to all.

Rick

Rick, don't ever apologize for having other things - more important things - on your mind. If someone doesn't understand that your mind is full at the moment then it sucks to be them.

Rick,
Glad to here its going better for you and your lady. Love and prayer can go a long way in many ways. Your in my prayers and thoughts. You have always given me solid advice. Now its my turn.
Quit smoking. And if you fail, quit again, and again and again. Always keep trying. I struggle with most days but it gets better as time goes by.
G

-
Back