Something you really LIKE about your job!

-

nothingbutdarts

Reaction score
OK, the other end of the spectrum, what do you like about your job?

I have a 4 day weekend every other weekend!!!! 11 holidays a year. 400 hours of banked sick time on the books and 170 hours of vacation on the books! Just no money LOL

After over a year of being a temp mixed with having a crappy 2nd shift job, I love everything about my job.

But.. Mostly, being on day shift. I worked 2nd or 3rd shift for about 7 years.

Having access to a full industrial machine and welding shop. Like tonight I am working overtime and I steam washed and media blasted my W100's cross-member, transfer case shifter linkage and I am starting to tear into the steering box to find the leak. All on the clock and making $36 an hour. :cheers: My boss is super cool with it as long as I get my other work done. It's funny, because I get more work done on my cars at work than I do at home.

Having access to a full industrial machine and welding shop. Like tonight I am working overtime and I steam washed and media blasted my W100's cross-member, transfer case shifter linkage and I am starting to tear into the steering box to find the leak. All on the clock and making $36 an hour. :cheers: My boss is super cool with it as long as I get my other work done. It's funny, because I get more work done on my cars at work than I do at home.

2x! isn't it weird!

i don't mind second shift also, ported my heads, intake, painting parts, using welder, hot tank, sandblaster all on OT also. i to get more done at work. also get to drive my muscle cars to work off peak travel time, nice driving my 68RR down a 4 lane highway at midnight with no one around

As a government employee, I work in a 4 million dollar facility that is 4 years old, has a 10 ton overhead crane spanning 4, 20' wide bays that are 80' deep with a heated concrete floor. Two full sets of 4, floor lifts that are rated at 16,000# each. 80' long indoor heated wash bay with a under chassis wash and steamer. However I can't use any of it for my personal use!!!!

Yea,...from the other side. I'm on a boat 4 weeks straight, 6 hrs on, 6 hrs off, 84 hrs a week, and then get 27 days off.

I get basically 6 months vacation a year so I can come home to my wife who is now retired and watches way too much HGTV and gets way too many ideas for me to do and has way too much time to think of other things I need to do and, and, and, I think it's time for me to go back to work.

Well, I work night shift in the oil sands, way out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of idiots, varying between 14/21 days there, 14 hour days (well, technically nights). But you can't beat the pay, ($40 an hour before overtime), the company flies me to and from work, and having 7 days off at home with my family, friends, and girlfriend is really nice too.

My job provided me with a Pension...no more work yeaaaaaaaaa, now of course that could "collapse" anyday.

I love everything about my job as its everything I like about working. I am my own boss and my business is to make others happy, from the moment I start a job at the time I choose and its like I don't want to be anyplace I need to be for 8 hours a day. I've made a hell of a living working 3 or 4 days a week if only for an hour or two a day. Most all my work is body shop repairing and matching the pinstripes to pre-accident condition which normally take way less then 1/2 hour at $50 per panel, its like gravy. Doing custom work I get to design whats best and in which color added to what the customer wants. Here's a couple photos of a Jeep Liberty I done for a lady. Took me a full day and charged her 600. I never have full vehicle photos as their is too much detail as the lines are approximately 1/32 of an inch wide which gets lost. This is laid out with 1/8" masking tape for my middle finger to grasp as I pull the line with a paint brush like this one.
Straights029-1.jpg

April10013.jpg

April10019.jpg

I'm a self employed earthmoving contractor who mainly works out bush.
The plus side is I get paid big money to go four wheel driving and camping.
It's not for everyone but great if you like that sort of thing.

I finished work with a good company (USAF) and now enjoy retirement. Need some motivation to finish some project cars.

-
Back