Sometimes, bein' a bachelor is ungood LOL

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
No, this isn't about "what you thought" LOL

Some time ago, I discovered one late night snack, that if you mix up some instant spuds, you can brown them in a George Foreman grill and they make a cool browned snack.

So the other night I was doing so, only it turned out that I ate the spuds "mashed" with an egg and a little bacon.

TODAY I "smelled something" and here on the range sits the hamburger cookin' machine has been plugged in FOR THE LAST TWO OR THREE DAYS

I hear ya, with no one else around to notice things like: putting the carton of icecream in the fridge instead of the freezer or wearing a shirt inside-out.

you need a maid ....I have worked as a maid before for a family and I took care of all that kind of stuff for them ....one year my employers wife even paid me to assemble a whole thanksgiving dinner and I disappeared in time for her to take all the credit in front of her guests from PA. ....I thought it was funny, because she didn't even know how to boil water so I don't think she was fooling anyone ....but she made it worth my while so I didn't care and I went back after they were done and they went to a movie and I cleaned up while they were gone.....I was never seen by any of their guests ....they probably thought she had magical powers LOL

I hear ya, with no one else around to notice things like: putting the carton of icecream in the fridge instead of the freezer or wearing a shirt inside-out.

Guilty of both.

Also guilty of walking through the house, dripping water everywhere, with nothing on...because I left my clothes and towel in the bedroom :D

Similar situation as above, but don't realize there's no towels until after a shower... Pick up the old clothes that were dropped on the bathroom floor, look at them, shrug and say "eh, it's good enough" and use that to dry off :D

I've also forgotten to put food away, walk into the kitchen the next morning and say "Hmm, wonder if that's still good?" :D

Rani, you can fix cars AND cook! Your like a super hero!

well, kitchen duty takes away from garage time.....so that's not good ...instead of working on my dash bezel today ......im on kitchen duty today for the Denver Broncos game ....my family gets into the games and they like the gametime snacks coming ....like nachos deluxe with all the fixins and homemade pizza and chocolate chip cookies, and anything else I can think of....

and if Denver wins then a big dinner is on order ......keeps me on my toes and coming up with new ideas on what to do. LOL

kinda like :

Attachments

• 654.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 297
You should have seen the inside of my microwave after living alone for 3 years.

Those microwaves should kill anything trying to grow inside (that's what I kept telling myself).

Well, let's not forget the overflowing (or exploded) beer bottles in the freezer! :D

And one of my favorite lines is: "how do bachelors separate their clothes?"

A: Into 2 piles......"filthy" and "filthy but wearable". LOL

I don't know about "exploding beer" in the freezer, but here's a story about a former friend's dog

"Herb" had this absolutely obnoxious dog, a lab / setter mix that was so hyper it was incredible. Herb was just as obnoxious

I had not been out of the Navy long, (about 76) and still had some junk stored in my old "ham shack" up at my folks. With it was some beer that had been in the landcruiser over winter.

Herb, the dog, and some friends and I stopped by Mom and Dad's to get some things out of the shed, and there was the beer, bloated from freezing. Herb started "playing ball" with a can of beer at the dog. "Chump" the dog discovered "I really like" this stuff inside this can after biting through one!!!

So from that day forth you COULD NOT leave a can of "anything" around that dog. Herb would come home with groceries, and if that dog got hold of tomato soup or whatever else, that damn dog would have holes in that can!!!!

==============================

Unrelated, at some point Herb bought a re--po-ed boat from a finance co. He was going to clean it up and flip it before "flip" was a word. So he had it in his yard up on blocks. To get into the boat you had to stand on top of a 6 ft step ladder and then at about waist height, hoist yourself over the side. So it was probably 9 ft from the ground to the gunwhales.

Anyway, I stopped by one day, Herb hollered from the bowels of the boat, and I crawled aboard to inspect the overhaul.

There was Chump, sitting there on the ground. Now, Chump LOVED to ride in whatever you were in or on, if you made the mistake of using the word "ride" in a sentence. If you were on a bike, chair, porch, picnic table, didn't matter, the "R" word triggered a huge red dog attempting to mount you and "it."

So I look at Chump and he looked at me. "Go for a ride?" I said, and Chump was IN THAT BOAT. Herb came up from the cabin and accused me of hoisting him into the boat. So Herb threw Chump out of the boat and called him back to prove that he could or not!!!

After wife #1 I would go eat dinner at a restaurant up the street every night.
The waitress knew me and it got to the point that she didn't even ask me what I wanted any more. She just brought me a plate with food on it. After a couple of weeks I asked her why she quit asking me what I wanted. She told me since I was making this my home I was getting what she was feeding me. Since I wasn't saying anything about it must be ok. That was about the time I figured I better find me a girl friend or I'll asking the waitress for more than just food.

Well, let's not forget the overflowing (or exploded) beer bottles in the freezer! :D

And one of my favorite lines is: "how do bachelors separate their clothes?"

A: Into 2 piles......"filthy" and "filthy but wearable". LOL

Guilty of both of those too.

I don't even bother to pull the clean clothes out of the basket to put them away either. Just dig through the pile of unfolded and wrinkled clothes for what I want to wear, most of the time with a pair of socks that don't quite match either (because digging to find one that matches is too much work).

My Dresser and Closet only have a few pieces of clothing in them, the rest of the space is occupied by Concert Tickets and stuff I've caught (like guitar picks, shirts, etc) from said concerts, CD's, Cassettes, 8-Tracks, Records, etc.

Had a lady friend over once who wanted a shirt to wear for the night, she opened the top drawer on my dresser, looked inside, scratched her head, closed it and said. "Do you know there's a bunch of concert tickets and a jacket with scribbles all over it in your sock drawer? No pajamas, no socks, nothing else."

"Yeah, that's my Rock n Roll drawer... Concert tickets, goodies from the concerts, and those scribbles are autographs." :D

More beer in the fridge than food : Guilty

No ability to cook : Guilty (I've screwed up Mac n Cheese...nuff said)

Living Room looks like a Tornado of Rock hit it : Guilty (guitars, amps, equipment, EVERYWHERE!)

Car Parts inside the house : Guilty... I once had a 340 Block and a 6-71 Blower sitting beside the Recliner in the living room :D

One of my car-buddys keeps his motorcycle collection in the living room......oil drips on the carpet and all. So hilarious.....it just screams "b a c h e l o r"!

One of my car-buddys keeps his motorcycle collection in the living room......oil drips on the carpet and all. So hilarious.....it just screams "b a c h e l o r"!

I'm not quite that bad, the 340 block was clean and the Blower was brand new. And I put my motorcycle on the front porch, not in the house :D

Car Parts inside the house : Guilty... I once had a 340 Block and a 6-71 Blower sitting beside the Recliner in the living room :D

you guys are not the only ones ...I live with my adoptive parents so I cant have car parts all through the house ....but in my own room, I keep my rally dash clusters and other dash pieces and the fragile choice parts like that......I had a pair of re-done bucket seats in there for awhile and under my bed I keep the numbers matching 4 speed to my cuda to keep it safe ....but its been drained and completely cleaned.

Big dinners after a Bronco's win? Looks like you will be cooking one every Sunday. I don't like them, but I do.not see anything stopping a Broncos and Seahawks Super Bowl. Maybe the Saints in the NFC, but the Saints play in Seattle during the season, and that might be the deciding factor. I don't see anyone in the AFC stopping Peyton and his horses.

Del you need a maid with benefits.

Attachments

• MAID.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 161
-
Back