Son is on his way home with this........

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sold his '07 GT 'stang, and bought this '15 R/T Plus with 17,900 miles today....

'15 chally 1.jpg

'15 chally.jpg

'15 chally 2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, it is much more comfortable car than the Mustang.

would you mind if i ask if he owns it, or if the bank is letting him use it?

The new Challengers are nice automobiles. Smooth riding, quiet (or noisy if you choose) and powerful.

would you mind if i ask if he owns it, or if the bank is letting him use it?

owned his '07 GT 'stang. Sold that, added cash and put a big down payment on this, financed the rest.

By the way, I advised my kids to stay out of debt. Never borrow for anything except reality, if all possible. Even though I advised against it, he'll be ok, as he could jump out anytime if needed by going way under value to sell and still walk away with cash. He still lives at home too, just a teenager yet

Good for you Dad ! We need more folks like that out there . I just leased a 2018 Ram 1500 Express for 1/2 the cost of buying . 36/36 bumper to bumper warrantee . Never opened the hood . LOL . don't care , I'm 73 years old

The new Challengers are nice automobiles. Smooth riding, quiet (or noisy if you choose) and powerful.
My son-in-law bought his stang. I'm sure it won't take long for me to hear if the Chally will out run the 'stang…. LOL. He'll be disappointed some if it don't

My son-in-law bought his stang. I'm sure it won't take long for me to hear if the Chally will out run the 'stang…. LOL. He'll be disappointed some if it don't

I can see that. I don't compare the two myself. As far as a automobile goes, the Challenger has got the Mustang and Camaro both beat. (and I'm not talking in a race either.) My neighbor has a few year old Mustang. What a pos to get in and out of. Uncomfortable to sit and ride in. I was part owner in a 2010 SRT8 that a friend and I rebuilt (it was wrecked). I took drove to a car show a couple hours away. What a nice car! Oh and when you set the cruise at 100 it's like in mom's Buick.

105443439582243714110289095622327654063019630995n (1).jpg

I can see that. I don't compare the two myself. As far as a automobile goes, the Challenger has got the Mustang and Camaro both beat. (and I'm not talking in a race either.) My neighbor has a few year old Mustang. What a pos to get in and out of. Uncomfortable to sit and ride in. I was part owner in a 2010 SRT8 that a friend and I rebuilt (it was wrecked). I took drove to a car show a couple hours away. What a nice car! Oh and when you set the cruise at 100 it's like in mom's Buick.

View attachment 1715287139
yeah, I agree in more ways than just racing the chally is better, and I think in looks as well. Speed certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. But, for him, he'd agree with all that we agree upon, but I know he doesn't want to go slower... LOL. It wouldn't be a problem if the 4.6 'stang was stock, but his 'stang had full flowmaster exhaust, CIA, and a tune.

1st report on his way home.....
  • "Dad, got pulled over.... no plates. Showed 'em my bill of sale, title, and they said drive safe...." Thumbs up to that Wis man in blue.
  • 2nd statement … "Out on the freeway now, I just went about 3/4 down for a couple of seconds, it sure feels more bold than my mustang" ….. I said "drive careful"
there, he heard it twice.... drive careful. LOL

We bought our 2010 Challenger RT in Sept. 2009. It has been a great car and is my wife's daily driver. It only has 60,000 miles on it (work for her is less than 3 miles from home) we have have the lifetime power train warranty. We absolutely love the car and like everyone else has said very comfortable to drive and ride in. Good job by your son and I think he will like it a lot
Kevin

I will agree... The Challenger is very comfortable to drive or ride in.... Roomy rear seat... Large trunk...
I have an 09 SRT 6 Speed and it is the most comfortable car I have Ever had !!!! My 65 'cuda rattles my old bones (i'm almost 74)... But it's still fun... For Short trips !!! The Challenger is for the Longer Trips... With power Everything and Heated Seats!!!! I have not quite hit 30,000 miles yet as I use it only when going a distance...
I wish your Son well with his New Ride !!!
IMG_20181231_100207.jpg

Last edited:
I kept my 2012 Challenger rt 6-speed until the warranty ran out.
Traded it in on a new truck, nice car decent mileage, but it needed a set of tires every oil change.
I traded it in with 18,000 miles on it, but when you added tires and brakes with every oil change, it was a stupid expensive car for a toy.
And insurance was $1500 a year full coverage, and I have a clean driving record, insurance on the 1 ton truck I bought is $500 a year.

Good deal! I like the new challengers so much I bought 2. One for my wife and one for me!

I want a solid white one. No stripes like the vanishing point challenger

-
Back